FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

? about gravitybox (kk)

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By justchillin2013, Junior Member on 28th February 2014, 03:53 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
For the life of me I can't figure out how to turn off screen record after its turned on. Am I missing something or do you just wait to the time you at runs out?
The Following User Says Thank You to justchillin2013 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th February 2014, 10:06 AM |#2  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 1,232

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchillin2013

For the life of me I can't figure out how to turn off screen record after its turned on. Am I missing something or do you just wait to the time you at runs out?

You can "expand" the running notification, after that a Stop option will show...

Made a screenie for you here
28th February 2014, 10:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

You can "expand" the running notification, after that a Stop option will show...

Made a screenie for you here

I tried that first and it didn't show anything to stop it. After lowering the timeout to 5 min vs 30 min it showed the ability to stop recording. I'm going to bump it back up to 30 min and see if it happens again and if so there's a bug if not just a freak thing.
1st March 2014, 12:10 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Just tested it out again but didn't up the record time and this is what I got. Guess I'll just stick with scr screen recorder unless there's a fix for this. Can tap on that recording screen notification all day and it doesn't do jack have to force stop gravity box.
2nd March 2014, 07:52 AM |#5  
Flag Vaughan
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Expand that notification to show the stop option.
2nd March 2014, 07:07 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by threi_

Expand that notification to show the stop option.

Doesn't expand. I found that when the recording is started before opening a game app it works fine. Only weird thing is when in landscape the tab needs to be situated so the charge cord is on the right or the power button needs to be on the bottom or the recording is all funky. Little weird things but it seems to work just as good as scr pro which wasn't free.
4th March 2014, 10:07 AM |#7  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 1,232

More
Started game. Started screen recording. Dragged down notification, stop button present.

All works flawlessly. Nothing wrong with the implementation whatsoever

5th March 2014, 11:20 AM |#8  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I think it depends on Android version. GB for 4.3 may have this bug but on 4.4 there is no bugs whatorever
5th March 2014, 02:19 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeffernuss

Started game. Started screen recording. Dragged down notification, stop button present.

All works flawlessly. Nothing wrong with the implementation whatsoever

That's what it looks like when it's working properly. Might have something to do with the game I play which is dead trigger 2 not allowing it to work. When my recording notification goes away either by waiting or force stopping there's no recording made like it didn't completely start up. No big deal just something I've encountered.
10th March 2014, 07:47 AM |#10  
Flag Odobesti
Thanks Meter: 164

More
Are you using GravityBox(KK) with JB 4.3?
29th November 2014, 02:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to unhide the stop and toggle pointer options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchillin2013

Hi there; I was having issues with the screen recording feature as well, I managed to use it after I selected the option "Use stock binary" under the menu "Screen recording" of gravity box (this disables the option to record with sound though).

Now to your question, I wasn't able to find how to stop the damn thing, it turns out that after you start recording the screen you have to expand the status bar and you'll see the "recording screen" notification not showing the stop option so you have to expland the notification itself by sweeping your finger down on it and only then the stop and toggle pointer options will be shown.

Hey I can't record with sound but other than that I can record the screen without issues. Hope it helps.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread