Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] nook is bricked, still response to root format

Tip us?

kelloco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] nook is bricked, still response to root format

hello guys,
i am a new android user and it is second time for me to root/flash room, my nook tablet was rooted and when i tried to flash cm 10.2, tablet won't boot from sd card, so i press n + power bottom(as someone said it can help tablet go to cwm recovery 6.0) i believe i hold 10-15 second, and i accidentally replease one of the bottom, n or power, i am not sure.. so my nook become as brick. every time i turn it on, it says i need to reboot again, if doesn't work i need to contact to nook customer service.

now, i have used two method so far, ubantu and cwm recovery, they seem not working at all(the tablet won't let me in to cmw v6.x when it was not bricked),and i tried the last one and only one that was use repary.img to recover(which is newest method in 2012,i am not sure if there a way way other than this) repart.img won't unzipped on my computer, my computer is win7 64 bit,the zip said,"unexpected ending of this archive"
what that mean?it means i am only one cannot unzipped the file in that thread.
by the way, i can still go to cwm 5.0 for my root-format sd card, but not the recovery sd card or anything else, HELP!!! it has been whole day!

mikeataol
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelloco View Post
hello guys,
i am a new android user and it is second time for me to root/flash room, my nook tablet was rooted and when i tried to flash cm 10.2, tablet won't boot from sd card, so i press n + power bottom(as someone said it can help tablet go to cwm recovery 6.0) i believe i hold 10-15 second, and i accidentally replease one of the bottom, n or power, i am not sure.. so my nook become as brick. every time i turn it on, it says i need to reboot again, if doesn't work i need to contact to nook customer service.

now, i have used two method so far, ubantu and cwm recovery, they seem not working at all(the tablet won't let me in to cmw v6.x when it was not bricked),and i tried the last one and only one that was use repary.img to recover(which is newest method in 2012,i am not sure if there a way way other than this) repart.img won't unzipped on my computer, my computer is win7 64 bit,the zip said,"unexpected ending of this archive"
what that mean?it means i am only one cannot unzipped the file in that thread.
by the way, i can still go to cwm 5.0 for my root-format sd card, but not the recovery sd card or anything else, HELP!!! it has been whole day!
Hi,
you need a clean copy of the repart.image.
http://d-h.st/5vJ
instruction thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663836

the repart.img sd card has been the most dependable way for me to reset any nook tablet , 8 or 16gb to stock.

I'd say get the latest copy of the img file, and burn it to a CLASS 4 Sandisk card

my experience is higher or lower class cards are often not as good for booting from NOOK tablets

if you erased the /system folder accidentally and di not reinstall an operating system, then the tablet will try to boot into recovery
if you erased the /factory partition accidentally, then even with a good recovery partition, the recovery will fail

kelloco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeataol View Post
Hi,

the repart.img sd card has been the most dependable way for me to reset any nook tablet , 8 or 16gb to stock.

I'd say get the latest copy of the img file, and burn it to a CLASS 4 Sandisk card

my experience is higher or lower class cards are often not as good for booting from NOOK tablets

if you erased the /system folder accidentally and di not reinstall an operating system, then the tablet will try to boot into recovery
if you erased the /factory partition accidentally, then even with a good recovery partition, the recovery will fail
i have no idea which situation i am now..i hope not second one,yesterday i just could not unzip the repart.img... the winrar keeping saying the archeive has expect ending. i downloaded several times with ie firefox chrom.i think the .zip has something wrong with the win 7 64bit .i finally download and unzipped it on my cell phon(thank you google phone),i will try to move the img to my computer and burn it..see you latter

kelloco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i have no idea which situation i am now..i hope not second one,yesterday i just could not unzip the repart.img... the winrar keeping saying the archeive has expect ending. i downloaded several times with ie firefox chrom.i think the .zip has something wrong with the win 7 64bit .i finally download and unzipped it on my cell phon(thank you google phone),i will try to move the img to my computer and burn it..see you latter
i just tried to use the repart.img. it says the software is install successfully(green mark on the top) i remove the sd, but failed in rebooting .screen says contact the nook...thank you any way..

kelloco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeataol View Post
Hi,

i just tried to use the repart.img. it says the software is install successfully(green mark on the top) i remove the sd, but failed in rebooting .screen says contact the nook...thank you any way..

mikeataol
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
sorry to hear that.

I have a similiar tablet, something has triggered the flash ram to not accept any writes

see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663470

I have seen the problem on other devices (gps's) , but only once on 100 NOOK tablets