FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Lost root?

27th February 2014, 01:22 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cane Ridge, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 143

More
I took the OTA from last week and rooted it. Yesterday, it seems I've lost root possibly. When I open Titanium Backup, I get the message "sorry, I could not acquire root priveleges...........this attempt was made using the " /system/xbin/su" command". So, what's going on?

27th February 2014, 02:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats

I took the OTA from last week and rooted it. Yesterday, it seems I've lost root possibly. When I open Titanium Backup, I get the message "sorry, I could not acquire root priveleges...........this attempt was made using the " /system/xbin/su" command". So, what's going on?

Some programs that you install are not KK friendly, it has happened to me a couple times, did you do a backup, if so, flash it, if not, just Odin the root tar again.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
27th February 2014, 02:30 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I believe I still have root (Adaway and Root Explorer apps still work), but all of a sudden, TB isn't working.
27th February 2014, 03:01 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Well, I found a thread about adding a line to a particular .xml file for writing to sdcard........rebooted and TB is working fine.
28th February 2014, 04:21 AM |#5  
Flag San Pablo, Ca
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Also sometimes this happens depending what recovery you are using when you wipe everything. You can boot into your recovery and hit reroot and usually this will fix it also.
28th February 2014, 04:25 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
That's good to know, thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread