[Q] [I9500] Wi-Fi Hotspot question.

OP krad1992

28th February 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
More
Well after I updated my I9500 to KitKat yesterday and rooted it (didn't install custom rom. All I did was update and root it through odin), I was playing around with tethering and out of a sudden, the wifi hotspot works on my device (only tried it for a couple of mins). I'm on At&t network and have NO tethering plan whatsoever nor use any rooted tethering apps.
So I am wondering if any of you know why it works or should I be concern if At&t is going to charge me for it if I use it for an extended amount of time?
28th February 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 983

807 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krad1992

Well after I updated my I9500 to KitKat yesterday and rooted it (didn't install custom rom. All I did was update and root it through odin), I was playing around with tethering and out of a sudden, the wifi hotspot works on my device (only tried it for a couple of mins). I'm on At&t network and have NO tethering plan whatsoever nor use any rooted tethering apps.
So I am wondering if any of you know why it works or should I be concern if At&t is going to charge me for it if I use it for an extended amount of time?

Its quite possible that they will charge u. Its better to wait for ur bill and confirm without using it any further...

Sent from my GT-I9500
28th February 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 28

72 posts
More
You can use WiFi hotspot anytime. It's like a LAN network as long as your mobile data is turned off. You'll get charged once the mobile data is turned on.

cheers ~
The Following User Says Thank You to deandoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hotspot, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread