Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [I9500] Wi-Fi Hotspot question.

Tip us?

krad1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [I9500] Wi-Fi Hotspot question.

Well after I updated my I9500 to KitKat yesterday and rooted it (didn't install custom rom. All I did was update and root it through odin), I was playing around with tethering and out of a sudden, the wifi hotspot works on my device (only tried it for a couple of mins). I'm on At&t network and have NO tethering plan whatsoever nor use any rooted tethering apps.
So I am wondering if any of you know why it works or should I be concern if At&t is going to charge me for it if I use it for an extended amount of time?

anu.cool
Old
Thanks Meter 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by krad1992 View Post
Well after I updated my I9500 to KitKat yesterday and rooted it (didn't install custom rom. All I did was update and root it through odin), I was playing around with tethering and out of a sudden, the wifi hotspot works on my device (only tried it for a couple of mins). I'm on At&t network and have NO tethering plan whatsoever nor use any rooted tethering apps.
So I am wondering if any of you know why it works or should I be concern if At&t is going to charge me for it if I use it for an extended amount of time?
Its quite possible that they will charge u. Its better to wait for ur bill and confirm without using it any further...

Sent from my GT-I9500
“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.
― Robert Frost

Google play store blocked?Get ur apps here.!

I am a newbie, willing to learn, provided u r ready to help me do that

My Phones:

• Galaxy fit(rooted)
    TEST DEVICE

• Samsung galaxy s4 i9500(unrooted)
    Stock ROM - MAIN DEVICE
    Android version:4.3

deandoi
Old
Thanks Meter 28
You can use WiFi hotspot anytime. It's like a LAN network as long as your mobile data is turned off. You'll get charged once the mobile data is turned on.

cheers ~
<-- Hit the THANKS button if you liked my response.

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Black Mist)
Samsung TW Stock 4.4.2 ROM (XSG) [rooted]
Stock Kernel
Philz Touch 6.19.3 (CWM 6.0.4.7)
AllBacksBlack Theme
Wanam Xposed

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 << Samsung Galaxy Pocket S5300 << Samsung Wave S8500 << Sony Ericsson G700 << Nokia 3530 << Nokia 3310
The Following User Says Thank You to deandoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
hotspot, kitkat