FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Glance on Lumia 520

OP manan904

28th February 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......I have seen many people posting that they got glance on lumia 520.
I have the lumia black update currently an my phone is Dev Unlocked.
Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??
Thanks a lot..My first post here
28th February 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan904

Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......

Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??

Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.
Last edited by vk1971; 28th February 2014 at 08:16 AM.
28th February 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,790

5,877 posts
More
The 3-column thing is a registry change, we don't currently have the ability to edit the registry on the 520.

It would look pretty bad anyhow, given the low resolution of the 520.
28th February 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

122 posts
Also, I think it's restricted to 720p or larger resolutions only, so no love for WVGA... Again, I'm not sure of this, but it looks that way.
28th February 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1971

Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.

I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it
28th February 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.
28th February 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 25

122 posts
No, you can't. There's nothing you can flash available yet, this was said many times...
28th February 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:

I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it

That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.
1st March 2014, 08:33 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1971

That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.

Lumia Black
1st March 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 108

155 posts
More
Quote:

but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Hey,

just download it with proxy via SysApp pusher, and it should work

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread