[Q] Glance on Lumia 520

Tip us?

manan904
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 [Q] Glance on Lumia 520

Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......I have seen many people posting that they got glance on lumia 520.
I have the lumia black update currently an my phone is Dev Unlocked.
Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??
Thanks a lot..My first post here

vk1971
Old
(Last edited by vk1971; 28th February 2014 at 07:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan904 View Post
Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......

Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??
Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2480
The 3-column thing is a registry change, we don't currently have the ability to edit the registry on the 520.

It would look pretty bad anyhow, given the low resolution of the 520.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

DaviUnic
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Also, I think it's restricted to 720p or larger resolutions only, so no love for WVGA... Again, I'm not sure of this, but it looks that way.

manan904
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1971 View Post
Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.
I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it

manan904
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.

DaviUnic
Old
Thanks Meter 24
No, you can't. There's nothing you can flash available yet, this was said many times...

vk1971
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it
That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.

manan904
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1971 View Post
That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.
Lumia Black

myst02
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.
Hey,

just download it with proxy via SysApp pusher, and it should work
Primary: HTC 8X | GDR3 | DevUnlock (Currently bricked )

Secondary: Lumia 520 RM-915 | GDR3 | Interop unlocked

Experimental: HTC HD2 | WP 7.8 + Android 4.4.2 | Xposed Mod

Please press thanks if I helped!

That is what I see every day