TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more
Post Reply

[Q] Glance on Lumia 520

OP manan904

28th February 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......I have seen many people posting that they got glance on lumia 520.
I have the lumia black update currently an my phone is Dev Unlocked.
Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??
Thanks a lot..My first post here
28th February 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #2  
vk1971's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan904

Hello,
can I know the method to install glance screen on my Lumia 520......

Also,is there a way to get 3 column live tiles in L520 similar to what is there in L1520??

Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.
Last edited by vk1971; 28th February 2014 at 07:16 AM.
28th February 2014, 06:56 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,712
 
5,739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
The 3-column thing is a registry change, we don't currently have the ability to edit the registry on the 520.

It would look pretty bad anyhow, given the low resolution of the 520.
28th February 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Also, I think it's restricted to 720p or larger resolutions only, so no love for WVGA... Again, I'm not sure of this, but it looks that way.
28th February 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1971

Download and install SysApp Pusher from the store. There in the System menu you'll find Glance, tap it and follow the screen

I doubt it is possible to get 3 columns of medium tiles on your device. The screen is too small for it.

I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it
28th February 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.
28th February 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
No, you can't. There's nothing you can flash available yet, this was said many times...
28th February 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #8  
vk1971's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan904

I tried this method...but the app doesn't work after installing.....perhaps if there's a tweak or something for it....i am really desperate for it

That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.
1st March 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vk1971

That's interesting.
I have similar problems with extras+info after I have updated to Black
Are you on Amber or Black? Go to Settings >> extras+info. There must be indicated whether it's Amber or Black.

Lumia Black
1st March 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #10  
myst02's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manan904

but I have seen many reviews of glance app saying that they got L520 by some method...please tell me if anyone knows...

Also there was another request...can I get the windows phone 8.1 preview provided to only some developers....I can't wait a month for it
If anyone can send me the link or the method to install wp8.1 or just the action centre without the update would be just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Hey,

just download it with proxy via SysApp pusher, and it should work

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes