FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

 View Poll Results: Which Operating System do you want to have on your I9082?

Android Open-Source Project (AOSP)
 
13 Vote(s)
28.89%
Ubuntu Touch
 
24 Vote(s)
53.33%
Samsung Tizen
 
5 Vote(s)
11.11%
Jolla Sailfish OS (after its release)
 
1 Vote(s)
2.22%
MeeGo
 
0 Vote(s)
0%
Firefox OS
 
2 Vote(s)
4.44%
// None of the above //
 
0 Vote(s)
0%

[POLL] Which Operating System do you want to have on I9082?

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
24th January 2014, 07:29 PM |#11  
DataUnit's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

@DataUnit is it possible to build webOS for our Grand? Lol I know it's a bit obsolete right now and very far-fetched, but webOS has a similar Linux kernel like Android. HP Touchpad, the only webOS tablet before webOS's death was actually flashed with Android during manufacturing process, so I think it is possible to port webOS to Android devices. Even better is that almost all parts of webOS is now open source.

New version of webOS has been developed for Smart TVs and I think it's not for smartphones, but if you think you can port it with compiling the source code.
Since its source is too different than Android and AOSP, it needs a lot of hard work to port it to Grand or any other Android device.
The Following User Says Thank You to DataUnit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
26th January 2014, 08:12 PM |#12  
shanbhagatul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Margao
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
Pocket friendly Ubuntu would be so nice! Hoping one day we get a port on grand!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
11th February 2014, 02:36 PM |#13  
DataUnit's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan

@DataUnit is it possible to build webOS for our Grand? Lol I know it's a bit obsolete right now and very far-fetched, but webOS has a similar Linux kernel like Android. HP Touchpad, the only webOS tablet before webOS's death was actually flashed with Android during manufacturing process, so I think it is possible to port webOS to Android devices. Even better is that almost all parts of webOS is now open source.

As far as I know, LG is the developer of webOS (now!), and they are working on it to make it an operating system for Smart TVs!
But everything in my world is possible!
The Following User Says Thank You to DataUnit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2014, 04:02 PM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
When will this poll end and we will get one new os for sgg?
12th February 2014, 07:17 PM |#15  
raghavsharmaxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsiddharth

When will this poll end and we will get one new os for sgg?

Chill mahn... :P...don't be DAT impatient ( even I am.. :P..still )...developer might be busy ..so let's give him his time...
And don't ask at least before Feb 14...*kidding*...
Just relax...dev will let us know when he all have time

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to raghavsharmaxda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 02:22 AM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda

Chill mahn... :P...don't be DAT impatient ( even I am.. :P..still )...developer might be busy ..so let's give him his time...
And don't ask at least before Feb 14...*kidding*...
Just relax...dev will let us know when he all have time

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

It seems like you are being very desperate for Valentine's day. Lol just kidding. But i just wanted to know the end date of this poll.
17th February 2014, 02:35 AM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
samsung
Samsung Tizen is nice
28th February 2014, 08:13 AM |#18  
raghavsharmaxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 356
 
More
Hey @DataUnit .. Umm ..just wanted to ask that are u planning to develop soon or later .*no of fence* just impatient kinda :|..many are in fact

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes