Official Android 4.3 Update !!! Changelog {Unofficial}

How are you satisfied with the update 4.3 ??

• Total voters
Search This thread

Aman Aggarwal

Feb 6, 2012
Ludhiana
Hi guys, XPERIA SP(lendid) finally received 4.3 JB update

The first question on mind is always WHAT"S FRICKKING NEW ?????

Here is a firsthand experience of the tiniest things in the update - Unofficial changelog

Also i won't be discussing any performance/lag issues - TO EACH HIS OWN!

Ill start with some & maybe you can keep contributing too....Ill keep adding in this list

1. [UPDATE] INTERFACE CHANGE: This is a big improvement from the previous firmware. Apps open and close with a certain "still effect" Font has changed too. :D:D

2. [UPDATE] KEYBOARD :D:D

3. [NEW] Option to change Themes. :D:D

4. [NEW] DAYDREAM : Now, you are given an option to have a slideshow of your saved pics (Camera/Set Favourites) while your Xperia is charging / docked or both. This option is available under Display Settings. :D:D

5. [UPDATE] "NoMoreFreeze" : Probably the biggest & much needed update. No more does Xperia SP freeze when kept flat on a surface. Touch responds flawlessly on a flat surface. No More impatience.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. [UPDATE] LOCKSCREEN : Now, you can set even live wallpapers as wallpaper on lock screen. AMAZINGG! :D:D:D

7.[NEW] TRACK MYXPERIA : No more searching for free apps that track your phone in case you lose it. In this new update, Sony has provided you the option in the Xperia itself. Go to Settings > Xperia > My Xperia & easily setup the service. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cowboy:

8.[NEW] MAGNIFICATION GESTURE : Go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnification gesture : Now you can magnify any part of your screen ; zoom in /zoom out after activating this feature :confused::confused:

9. [UPDATE] : Camera got updated and replaced with SMART SOCIAL CAMERA. Some of you earlier issues with Camera Has been Fixed

10. [UPDATE] : Sony Media Apps got updated too - namely WALKMAN, ALBUM & MOVIES
Ill keep adding more.....Many more to come

Last edited:

Aman Aggarwal

Feb 6, 2012
Ludhiana
I just received my Xperia sp a couple days ago which is awesome,but am to yet to update to the latest firmware.But reading your post has gotten me curious has to see what is so special with it,a just might flash it now.Already rooted and install recovery and test a stock based rom,i know that to test other custom Roms i must unlock bootloader which am so ready to do,already got my special key to unlock it,but i think i will try the updated 4.3 first before unlocking.

Sure buddy....give it a try ;):thumbup:

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aman Aggarwal

Feb 6, 2012
Ludhiana
Screenshot I

Attachments

• 1393488093199.jpg
    1393488093199.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 308

wapem

Jul 21, 2012
Hunedoara
it was nice to see the new interface ,but that keyboard simply stinks ! i don't know why but i type 10 times faster on the original vanilla keyboard from the rom mods , and the gaming performance on the stock one ? lame lame , stuttttters all the way

Aman Aggarwal

Feb 6, 2012
Ludhiana
Nice to have 4.3, but my SP is laggy and screen often unresponsive...
Using generic ROM (CE version). The UI is nice and also the other refreshments, but the lag and screen issue just killing the good impression...

Yaa...differs from phn to phn usage
Check 'free ram' in running apps, u will gt an idea which app is additionally hogging more ram

Screen issue z fixed buddy, no more freezes now!

Besides, new firmware has been certified too..various bug fixes (fingers crossed!!)

Aman Aggarwal

Feb 6, 2012
Ludhiana
Ya guys....i have been using an app called SLIDELOCK, that enables us to view app notifications on the lockscreen

Additionally, for the background of the lockscreen, it kinda mirrors any wallpaper set on homescreen

So if i set a live wallpaper on homescreen, the same "live effect" is visible on the lockscreen

I couldn't do it before, that is why i added it as an update.

Reactions: anthonythangaraj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, XPERIA SP(lendid) finally received 4.3 JB update

The first question on mind is always WHAT"S FRICKKING NEW ?????

Here is a firsthand experience of the tiniest things in the update - Unofficial changelog

Also i won't be discussing any performance/lag issues - TO EACH HIS OWN!

Ill start with some & maybe you can keep contributing too....Ill keep adding in this list

1. [UPDATE] INTERFACE CHANGE: This is a big improvement from the previous firmware. Apps open and close with a certain "still effect" Font has changed too. :D:D

2. [UPDATE] KEYBOARD :D:D

3. [NEW] Option to change Themes. :D:D

4. [NEW] DAYDREAM : Now, you are given an option to have a slideshow of your saved pics (Camera/Set Favourites) while your Xperia is charging / docked or both. This option is available under Display Settings. :D:D

5. [UPDATE] "NoMoreFreeze" : Probably the biggest & much needed update. No more does Xperia SP freeze when kept flat on a surface. Touch responds flawlessly on a flat surface. No More impatience.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. [UPDATE] LOCKSCREEN : Now, you can set even live wallpapers as wallpaper on lock screen. AMAZINGG! :D:D:D

7.[NEW] TRACK MYXPERIA : No more searching for free apps that track your phone in case you lose it. In this new update, Sony has provided you the option in the Xperia itself. Go to Settings > Xperia > My Xperia & easily setup the service. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cowboy:

8.[NEW] MAGNIFICATION GESTURE : Go to Settings > Accessibility > Magnification gesture : Now you can magnify any part of your screen ; zoom in /zoom out after activating this feature :confused::confused:

9. [UPDATE] : Camera got updated and replaced with SMART SOCIAL CAMERA. Some of you earlier issues with Camera Has been Fixed

10. [UPDATE] : Sony Media Apps got updated too - namely WALKMAN, ALBUM & MOVIES
    Ill keep adding more.....Many more to come
    Nice to have 4.3, but my SP is laggy and screen often unresponsive...
    Using generic ROM (CE version). The UI is nice and also the other refreshments, but the lag and screen issue just killing the good impression...

Settings > screen > Lockscreen
    But you cannot use a live wallpaper. Dont know who has invented that but I am unable to change it to a livewallper..
    Ya guys....i have been using an app called SLIDELOCK, that enables us to view app notifications on the lockscreen

Additionally, for the background of the lockscreen, it kinda mirrors any wallpaper set on homescreen

So if i set a live wallpaper on homescreen, the same "live effect" is visible on the lockscreen

I couldn't do it before, that is why i added it as an update.