XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MK2 stock recovery. Img

Tip us?

muniz_ri
Old
Thanks Meter 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicmazo View Post
I know you said no odin, i read it fine, but is there any reason why I can't use Cygwin terminal to convert this to a tar and then use odin? I'm asking because I am no longer rooted but I still have CWM and I want to go back to a stock recovery, but since I have no root access I can't request SU in terminal
This was extracted from a phone which causes the image to become padded/uncompressed which screws up the sammy signature required for Odin flashing.

jball
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
I thank you to all that answers any questions in here on the account of my absence. I don't keep up on this phone any longer as I have taken personal joy in the smashing of this model phone against my table.use this ".img" in any way you like.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

hobojester
Old
(Last edited by hobojester; 28th February 2014 at 09:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jball View Post
This is a **STOCK** ".img"
Taken from my own phone
It is NOT custom in any way
Use only the method provided so that means NO Odin!

Please forgive the noob'ishness. I had rooted my phone when I first got it 2 months ago, but due to my corporate requiring me to put on a managed solution I had to "unroot" it (just recently actually) . I tried to unroot using SuperSU, but it was still detected. So I just wiped/reset the device and started over. MDM worked. But now that AT&T 4.4 is out, doesn't seem to matter what I do, I keep getting the "Interrupted" message. Even after a rest and NOT signging into any account or personalizing anything. I believe I've read some saying if I had rooted beforehand, this is the likely reason why I can't upgrade now. From your understanding (again, thank you for your patience) is your recovery image the thing I need to get myself back to 'true' stock so I can upgrade?

Thank you again for your help and patience!

jball
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojester View Post
Please forgive the noob'ishness. I had rooted my phone when I first got it 2 months ago, but due to my corporate requiring me to put on a managed solution I had to "unroot" it (just recently actually) . I tried to unroot using SuperSU, but it was still detected. So I just wiped/reset the device and started over. MDM worked. But now that AT&T 4.4 is out, doesn't seem to matter what I do, I keep getting the "Interrupted" message. Even after a rest and NOT signging into any account or personalizing anything. I believe I've read some saying if I had rooted beforehand, this is the likely reason why I can't upgrade now. From your understanding (again, thank you for your patience) is your recovery image the thing I need to get myself back to 'true' stock so I can upgrade?

Thank you again for your help and patience!
Please provide the exact
Make:
Model:
Build Number:
If you could cause its not in your profile or signature. Also did you say root is still detected?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk