OP hiback

22nd February 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 89

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
How to create an android app that can notify user immediately if something on a website is updated.

Suppose I have a blogger blog like abcd.blogspot.com. So what i want is that whenever i post a new topic on my blog that topic notification should be pushed on to every android device that has my app installed. Please explain in detail if possible And I am not able to use php because its a blogger blog.
22nd February 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lucknow
Thanks Meter: 89

201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiback

How to create an android app that can notify user immediately if something on a website is updated.

Suppose I have a blogger blog like abcd.blogspot.com. So what i want is that whenever i post a new topic on my blog that topic notification should be pushed on to every android device that has my app installed. Please explain in detail if possible And I am not able to use php because its a blogger blog.

Please help anyone.
23rd February 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag panipat
Thanks Meter: 527

1,103 posts
More
Probably rss reader is your answer.search for it .

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th February 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 131

169 posts
More
Quote:

you could download the whole websites text to a string (similar to this: http://www.coderzheaven.com/2011/07/...ng-in-android/) and generate a hash or md5.
you could do this every time you sync and compare those md5s/hashs ,if they are different hr content has changed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th February 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #5  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 78

217 posts
More
hmmmm
Quote:

What you can do is add a page to your blog which contains last update date.
Each time your app launches you can get the value of the date and compare it with the last date which you must have saved in shared preferences or whatever.
Regards
Amit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread