Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App that notifies user when website is updated

Tip us?

hiback
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Default App that notifies user when website is updated

How to create an android app that can notify user immediately if something on a website is updated.

Suppose I have a blogger blog like abcd.blogspot.com. So what i want is that whenever i post a new topic on my blog that topic notification should be pushed on to every android device that has my app installed. Please explain in detail if possible And I am not able to use php because its a blogger blog.
CURRENT DEVICE: Nexus 5
RETIRED DEVICES: Nokia N70, N95, 5320 XM , Corby Pro, GALAXY S2

hiback
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiback View Post
How to create an android app that can notify user immediately if something on a website is updated.

Suppose I have a blogger blog like abcd.blogspot.com. So what i want is that whenever i post a new topic on my blog that topic notification should be pushed on to every android device that has my app installed. Please explain in detail if possible And I am not able to use php because its a blogger blog.
Please help anyone.
CURRENT DEVICE: Nexus 5
RETIRED DEVICES: Nokia N70, N95, 5320 XM , Corby Pro, GALAXY S2

arpitkh96
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Probably rss reader is your answer.search for it .

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thenobol
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:

you could download the whole websites text to a string (similar to this: http://www.coderzheaven.com/2011/07/...ng-in-android/) and generate a hash or md5.
you could do this every time you sync and compare those md5s/hashs ,if they are different hr content has changed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Keep Calm, and push the THANKS button
Nexus 5

kairon007
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Default hmmmm

Quote:

What you can do is add a page to your blog which contains last update date.
Each time your app launches you can get the value of the date and compare it with the last date which you must have saved in shared preferences or whatever.
Regards
Amit