5,604,122 Members 49,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at Samsung boot screen and can't fix it? (Ubuntu Touch)

Tip us?

rtunru
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeggy View Post
yeah, but I actually made a backup with titanium where I got a folder that put every app into a .tar.gz and then a .proprieties, I tried to make a full image of everything but never understood how to do that, if it even was possible

http://khp.randompoop.net/uploads/androidH43245678.png
Yes it is possible, using custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.

jeggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I actually got it working!!!! I'm installing it now, I've found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2363703 and installed that pit file and the flickering was removed and now it's installing android fine through odin

rtunru
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I actually got it working!!!! I'm installing it now, I've found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2363703 and installed that pit file and the flickering was removed and now it's installing android fine through odin
OK, then root it and install CWM or TWRP.
Use CWM/TWRP to backup and then install the PACMAN ROM as I did.

You may also use my firmware to upgrade to stock Jelly Bean using ODIN
The Following User Says Thank You to rtunru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtunru View Post
OK, then root it and install CWM or TWRP.
Use CWM/TWRP to backup and then install the PACMAN ROM as I did.

You may also use my firmware to upgrade to stock Jelly Bean using ODIN
I used the one from sammobile and upgraded android to 4.1.2 and everything is working fine now
Thanks a lot to everyone for the help

Sent from my GT-N8010 using xda app-developers app

robb-x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Do I need this Pit File

Quote:
Hi Jeggy,

This is a question for you or any of the other contributors to this thread:

Do I need this Pit File to solve my issue?

I am in a bootloop as well, stuck on the screen which displays "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1".
(My bootloop started on it's own. Not as a result of installing any custom ROM. I still have the N8013 Stock ROM)
I cannot access recovery mode. (Power + Volume up does nothing. Tried flashing CWM and TWRP, but still cannot access recovery).

I CAN get into Odin Download Mode, and I HAVE been able to use Odin on my PC to flash ROMs (just hasn't solved the bootloop issue for me) - and this is the reason for my question. Did you only need the Pit File because you were otherwise unable to flash back to the stock ROM? Or is it possible that this will help in my case as well?

Thanks for any help,

Rob

jeggy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb-x View Post
Hi Jeggy,

This is a question for you or any of the other contributors to this thread:

Do I need this Pit File to solve my issue?

I am in a bootloop as well, stuck on the screen which displays "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1".
(My bootloop started on it's own. Not as a result of installing any custom ROM. I still have the N8013 Stock ROM)
I cannot access recovery mode. (Power + Volume up does nothing. Tried flashing CWM and TWRP, but still cannot access recovery).

I CAN get into Odin Download Mode, and I HAVE been able to use Odin on my PC to flash ROMs (just hasn't solved the bootloop issue for me) - and this is the reason for my question. Did you only need the Pit File because you were otherwise unable to flash back to the stock ROM? Or is it possible that this will help in my case as well?

Thanks for any help,

Rob
Yeah, that was pretty much only the problem, I've would at least try it out

robb-x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still no joy! :confused:

Quote:
Yeah, that was pretty much only the problem, I've would at least try it out
Ok, so I tried that.

I tried flashing the PIT file in combination with the stock JB ROM onto my GT-N8013. The Odin procedure finished with a PASS, but the bootloop remains.

Then I tried the same again with the stock ICS ROM. Again the Odin procedure passed, but there is no change in the behaviour of my tablet. (Bootloop: Stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" screen, CANNOT access recovery mode (Pwr + Volume up) but CAN access Odin download mode (Pwr + Volume down)).

I even tried two different version of the Odin utility: Odin3-v1.85 and Odin3_v3.09.

I refuse to believe that my tablet is completely bricked, when I can still turn it on, enter the download mode and even successfully flash ROMs.

But I'm running out of ideas on how to get it up and running again.

theonepharaoh
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb-x View Post
Ok, so I tried that.

I tried flashing the PIT file in combination with the stock JB ROM onto my GT-N8013. The Odin procedure finished with a PASS, but the bootloop remains.

Then I tried the same again with the stock ICS ROM. Again the Odin procedure passed, but there is no change in the behaviour of my tablet. (Bootloop: Stuck on "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" screen, CANNOT access recovery mode (Pwr + Volume up) but CAN access Odin download mode (Pwr + Volume down)).

I even tried two different version of the Odin utility: Odin3-v1.85 and Odin3_v3.09.

I refuse to believe that my tablet is completely bricked, when I can still turn it on, enter the download mode and even successfully flash ROMs.

But I'm running out of ideas on how to get it up and running again.
use odin 3.07 on windows 7 & make sure to uncheck repartition
and some times the Volume up gets stuck so keep pressing (Power + Volume up) until you see recovery mode

rtunru
Old
(Last edited by rtunru; 20th February 2014 at 01:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonepharaoh View Post
use odin 3.07 on windows 7 & make sure to uncheck repartition
and some times the Volume up gets stuck so keep pressing (Power + Volume up) until you see recovery mode
If you are using ODIN with PIT file, you need to check the repartition button.

If you have CWM/TWRP, I recommend these steps before using ODIN with PIT file:

1.Clear cache.
2.Clear data
3.Clear Dalvik cache
4.Format /system.

These steps are needed to make sure that your tablet is completely empty.

Then flash using ODIN 3.07 and check the repartition button if you use PIT file.

Good luck.

robb-x
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtunru View Post
If you are using ODIN with PIT file, you need to check the repartition button.

If you have CWM/TWRP, I recommend these steps before using ODIN with PIT file:

1.Clear cache.
2.Clear data
3.Clear Dalvik cache
4.Format /system.

These steps are needed to make sure that your tablet is completely empty.

Then flash using ODIN 3.07 and check the repartition button if you use PIT file.

Good luck.

Hi rtunru,

I, too, believe that clearing data and cache, then formatting might help to solve my problem. The only problem is, no matter how hard I try, I cannot get into recovery mode. Even after flashing CWM or TWRP, "Power + Volume Up" does not get me into recovery.

I will try Odin 3.07 with Windows 7 and the PIT file and see if that helps.

Thanks everyone for your input.