April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – the annual … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Root for VZW LG G2 Version: VS98012B?

22nd January 2014, 05:54 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Please forgive me, I have searched through this forum for quite a while looking for a root method for this, I find stuff on ROM's, recovery etc, relating to this build, but nothing on just plain straight root (or at least not that I have interpreted as that?).

I just picked up the LG G2, and it did an OTA out of the box, unfortunately it only occurred to me during it's install that I should have waited to allow it to install.

Hoping someone here can point me to a method for just root on this VS98012B build?

Thanks!
22nd January 2014, 06:41 PM |#2  
Camoxjeep's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco

Please forgive me, I have searched through this forum for quite a while looking for a root method for this, I find stuff on ROM's, recovery etc, relating to this build, but nothing on just plain straight root (or at least not that I have interpreted as that?).

I just picked up the LG G2, and it did an OTA out of the box, unfortunately it only occurred to me during it's install that I should have waited to allow it to install.

Hoping someone here can point me to a method for just root on this VS98012B build?

Thanks!

You can still install the ota, about phone and check for new updates. Then root it withhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2448887
22nd January 2014, 07:13 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoxjeep

You can still install the ota, about phone and check for new updates. Then root it withhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2448887

That root says it's for the older build; last thing I need is to brick this phone, it's build VS98012B (newest OTA from I think only a week or so ago)...

That root method from thecubed in post #1 will work on this newer build?
23rd January 2014, 10:08 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by keypox

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49611437

I found that finally late last night, but strangely not via the search here, I found it by google searching for verizon lg g2 root posted within the last week from google; took me to another site that linked to that...

Not sure why it didn't come up in the xda forums search; or I missed it?
30th January 2014, 10:28 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
wrong thread sorry
Last edited by brewzer; 31st January 2014 at 01:18 AM. Reason: wrong thread
28th February 2014, 01:59 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco

I found that finally late last night, but strangely not via the search here, I found it by google searching for verizon lg g2 root posted within the last week from google; took me to another site that linked to that...

Not sure why it didn't come up in the xda forums search; or I missed it?


I've been searching for the same version, did you have any issues rooting?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root vs98012b
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes