5,597,542 Members 31,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for VZW LG G2 Version: VS98012B?

Tip us?

mcdonsco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Root for VZW LG G2 Version: VS98012B?

Please forgive me, I have searched through this forum for quite a while looking for a root method for this, I find stuff on ROM's, recovery etc, relating to this build, but nothing on just plain straight root (or at least not that I have interpreted as that?).

I just picked up the LG G2, and it did an OTA out of the box, unfortunately it only occurred to me during it's install that I should have waited to allow it to install.

Hoping someone here can point me to a method for just root on this VS98012B build?

Thanks!

Camoxjeep
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco View Post
Please forgive me, I have searched through this forum for quite a while looking for a root method for this, I find stuff on ROM's, recovery etc, relating to this build, but nothing on just plain straight root (or at least not that I have interpreted as that?).

I just picked up the LG G2, and it did an OTA out of the box, unfortunately it only occurred to me during it's install that I should have waited to allow it to install.

Hoping someone here can point me to a method for just root on this VS98012B build?

Thanks!
You can still install the ota, about phone and check for new updates. Then root it withhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2448887

mcdonsco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camoxjeep View Post
You can still install the ota, about phone and check for new updates. Then root it withhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2448887
That root says it's for the older build; last thing I need is to brick this phone, it's build VS98012B (newest OTA from I think only a week or so ago)...

That root method from thecubed in post #1 will work on this newer build?

keypox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49611437
The Following User Says Thank You to keypox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcdonsco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keypox View Post
I found that finally late last night, but strangely not via the search here, I found it by google searching for verizon lg g2 root posted within the last week from google; took me to another site that linked to that...

Not sure why it didn't come up in the xda forums search; or I missed it?

brewzer
Old
(Last edited by brewzer; 31st January 2014 at 01:18 AM.) Reason: wrong thread
Thanks Meter 0
wrong thread sorry

grimes2424
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco View Post
I found that finally late last night, but strangely not via the search here, I found it by google searching for verizon lg g2 root posted within the last week from google; took me to another site that linked to that...

Not sure why it didn't come up in the xda forums search; or I missed it?

I've been searching for the same version, did you have any issues rooting?

Tags
root vs98012b