Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Razr I - Failing to swap to Mobile Data after Wireless Connection out of Range

OP Wolfsbane2k

17th February 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Portmouth
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Hi.

I've recently started having lots of difficulty when moving out of range of my home's wireless signal in the phone picking up and connecting to the Mobile Data network.

Specifically:
1) Run phone for ages at home using wireless
2) Walk out of house, out of range. Wireless connection goes unconneced
3) Wait for Mobile Network to connect, have at least 3 bars of signal - fails, no E/G/H Sign, Network indicator stays white ( So far waited up to 3 hours)
4) Reboot Phone, instant Mobile Network Connection @ H

Things I have tried:
1) Turning Wireless off before leaving range of wi-fi, sometimes this works ( circa 1 in 20)
2) Turning Phone to Airplane Mode & Back - sometimes this works ( circa 1 in 15 ).
Turning Airplane mode on can take about 4 minutes, as though something is waiting for a closure timeout. Normally, this takes about 5 seconds.
3) Phone calls are intermittant during this time - sometimes I can make them, sometimes i can't.
4) While in range, turn phone off/on again so a "clean" boot, then walk out of range. No affect on ability to reconnect.

Check Phone Status under About Phone, the Mobile Network States reports "Not Connected"
It's really annoying, as I want to use the phone to during breakfast to check the latest traffic information and map updates from Google Maps before I leave home, then get in the car and go, not reboot the phone.

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?

Phone Specifics:
Motorola Razr I XT890
Android 4.1.2 Stock
T-Mobile

Is there some investigative

Thanks!
17th February 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #2  

16 posts
I've had exactly the same issue on/off for weeks.

Not found a reason/fix for it yet, although I've been loath to do a full wipe with how busy I am atm.
28th February 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Portmouth

8 posts
More
6630 4682333
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjan

I've had exactly the same issue on/off for weeks.

Not found a reason/fix for it yet, although I've been loath to do a full wipe with how busy I am atm.

Hmm.

At least we know we are not in the same boat, and a recent forum query on Engagdet highlighted others.

I've tried to capture a bug report to give me some logs to look at, but that's not working at the moment either !

Thinking it might be an "Always On" app related problem such as sykpe or amazon mp3 :S
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread