Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,417 Members 39,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Razr I - Failing to swap to Mobile Data after Wireless Connection out of Range

Tip us?

Wolfsbane2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Razr I - Failing to swap to Mobile Data after Wireless Connection out of Range

Hi.

I've recently started having lots of difficulty when moving out of range of my home's wireless signal in the phone picking up and connecting to the Mobile Data network.

Specifically:
1) Run phone for ages at home using wireless
2) Walk out of house, out of range. Wireless connection goes unconneced
3) Wait for Mobile Network to connect, have at least 3 bars of signal - fails, no E/G/H Sign, Network indicator stays white ( So far waited up to 3 hours)
4) Reboot Phone, instant Mobile Network Connection @ H

Things I have tried:
1) Turning Wireless off before leaving range of wi-fi, sometimes this works ( circa 1 in 20)
2) Turning Phone to Airplane Mode & Back - sometimes this works ( circa 1 in 15 ).
Turning Airplane mode on can take about 4 minutes, as though something is waiting for a closure timeout. Normally, this takes about 5 seconds.
3) Phone calls are intermittant during this time - sometimes I can make them, sometimes i can't.
4) While in range, turn phone off/on again so a "clean" boot, then walk out of range. No affect on ability to reconnect.

Check Phone Status under About Phone, the Mobile Network States reports "Not Connected"
It's really annoying, as I want to use the phone to during breakfast to check the latest traffic information and map updates from Google Maps before I leave home, then get in the car and go, not reboot the phone.

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?

Phone Specifics:
Motorola Razr I XT890
Android 4.1.2 Stock
T-Mobile

Is there some investigative

Thanks!

harryjan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had exactly the same issue on/off for weeks.

Not found a reason/fix for it yet, although I've been loath to do a full wipe with how busy I am atm.

Wolfsbane2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 6630 4682333

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryjan View Post
I've had exactly the same issue on/off for weeks.

Not found a reason/fix for it yet, although I've been loath to do a full wipe with how busy I am atm.
Hmm.

At least we know we are not in the same boat, and a recent forum query on Engagdet highlighted others.

I've tried to capture a bug report to give me some logs to look at, but that's not working at the moment either !

Thinking it might be an "Always On" app related problem such as sykpe or amazon mp3 :S