I've recently started having lots of difficulty when moving out of range of my home's wireless signal in the phone picking up and connecting to the Mobile Data network.
1) Run phone for ages at home using wireless
2) Walk out of house, out of range. Wireless connection goes unconneced
3) Wait for Mobile Network to connect, have at least 3 bars of signal - fails, no E/G/H Sign, Network indicator stays white ( So far waited up to 3 hours)
4) Reboot Phone, instant Mobile Network Connection @ H
Things I have tried:
1) Turning Wireless off before leaving range of wi-fi, sometimes this works ( circa 1 in 20)
2) Turning Phone to Airplane Mode & Back - sometimes this works ( circa 1 in 15 ).
Turning Airplane mode on can take about 4 minutes, as though something is waiting for a closure timeout. Normally, this takes about 5 seconds.
3) Phone calls are intermittant during this time - sometimes I can make them, sometimes i can't.
4) While in range, turn phone off/on again so a "clean" boot, then walk out of range. No affect on ability to reconnect.
Check Phone Status under About Phone, the Mobile Network States reports "Not Connected"
It's really annoying, as I want to use the phone to during breakfast to check the latest traffic information and map updates from Google Maps before I leave home, then get in the car and go, not reboot the phone.
Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?
Motorola Razr I XT890
Android 4.1.2 Stock
Is there some investigative