Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this how we work in the future?

Tip us?

stuffie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Is this how we work in the future?

I just made a very interesting setup.

It's a Google Nexus 5, USB-connected to a Philips 231P4UPES DisplayLink monitor. Keyboard en mouse works, but i have no display, because there is no displaylink driver for android .

Now, lets think it works. Do you still need your laptop/tablet/desktop or other device?? I think not. My phone is fast enough with full HD. I can use all internet application and android apps, and on my work I can connect to VDI without a problem.

I say this is ultimate way of working.

(I made a picture of it, but cant post it, since this is my first post)

dimsar2013
Old
Thanks Meter 34
If your phone is rooted, then you can see your phone's screen on your web browser, using WebKey app. It is a remote device management app through wifi. You need internet access. Watch tutorials on youtube on how to setup it and start using it.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Loving Foobar2000 Windows music player? Click here and perhaps we can have a version for Android.

You can press thanks if I was helpful.

dimsar2013 - XDA Developers Senior Member

tecnonucleo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
True, but I think that there is still a problem regarding with capacity. Both internal phone memory and external SD are not enough to replace a hard disk.

dimsar2013
Old
Thanks Meter 34
You can use a USB hub for your device. Then you can connect USB flash drives and hard disks.

Loving Foobar2000 Windows music player? Click here and perhaps we can have a version for Android.

tocatalk
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsar2013 View Post
You can use a USB hub for your device. Then you can connect USB flash drives and hard disks.

Plus the clouds! The future won't spare mechanical hards - it's like internal combustion engine - it had its glorious times and now it's time to move on. Especially when the advantages of Sylicium was discovered.. All Hail SSD!

Oh btw you can buy a 2,5'' chipcard with 12 removable microSD cards up to 64GB and use it as hdd..

dimsar2013
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Everything will change. We will have everything on cloud services and we won't use many cables.

corpzz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
One will always have more possibilities with a bigger device but after 1k years everything we imagine now will look stupid (that is if we survive ourselves).

dimsar2013
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Technology will destroy humanity. Have you seen Terminator? ☺

sreza
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsar2013 View Post
If your phone is rooted, then you can see your phone's screen on your web browser, using WebKey app. It is a remote device management app through wifi. You need internet access. Watch tutorials on youtube on how to setup it and start using it.

There's a much easier way to access your phone from a PC, download AirDroid from the appstore, its free, and doesn't require rooting at all, once installed, you can access your phone from any PC either thru wifi or thru the internet, then go to "web.airdroid.com" from any PC browser, and scan the QR code on the screen with AirDroid on your phone. It'll automatically link up and give you access to everything on your phone thru the webapp, including pushing data from PC to phone clipboard, full keyboard texting, and drag-and-drop file transfer from PC to phone.
Your religion is like your sexual organ.
It's alright to have one and you can be proud of it,
But please don't whip it out in public.

dimsar2013
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Can airDroid show your Android screen on your browser?