5,604,219 Members 49,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][SGP351/321/311/312][4.3] Update to 10.4.B.0.569/577 [UB/LB][XZDualRecovery]

Tip us?

jollster101
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For some reason I have an issue with pushing the recoveries to the tablet. I have followed the process and have 4.1.2 running and its now rooted. SuperSU has been installed and I run the install.bat file from the lockedtabdualrecovery folder and select option 1. The installer runs and pushes the files to the tablet and I was prompted to grant SuperSU access rights which I did.

However when I try to start the tablet in recovery mode it doesn't work. I have gone through the install.bat process again and it runs through ok again but I still cannot start in recovery.

Busybox is installed as well so I am fairly certain I have all the pre-requisites in place to be able to flash recovery.

Any ideas why this may be the case?

Is there an alternative way to flash a recovery so I can finish the last 2 steps to go to 4.3 and then flash the stripped ftf?

Cheers

suleiman.aql
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Here's a different question. Is it possible to flash, while having a broken USB port? (So basically no FTF or flashmode)

Rootk1t
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman.aql View Post
Here's a different question. Is it possible to flash, while having a broken USB port? (So basically no FTF or flashmode)
theretically you can place backup zip on SDcard and flash via recovery.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321
Rom: Stock, rooted
Build: 10.4.1.B.0.101
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: XZDualRecovery (CWM+TWRP)
MicroSDHC: SanDisk 32GB Class 10 UHS-I

donedos
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollster101 View Post
For some reason I have an issue with pushing the recoveries to the tablet. I have followed the process and have 4.1.2 running and its now rooted. SuperSU has been installed and I run the install.bat file from the lockedtabdualrecovery folder and select option 1. The installer runs and pushes the files to the tablet and I was prompted to grant SuperSU access rights which I did.

However when I try to start the tablet in recovery mode it doesn't work. I have gone through the install.bat process again and it runs through ok again but I still cannot start in recovery.

Busybox is installed as well so I am fairly certain I have all the pre-requisites in place to be able to flash recovery.

Any ideas why this may be the case?

Is there an alternative way to flash a recovery so I can finish the last 2 steps to go to 4.3 and then flash the stripped ftf?

Cheers
the install.bat as I can remember will try to reboot into recovery after granting the SU rights. and when your in the recovery mode you'll reboot it into system to complete the process... kindly check the procedure again for proper installation of the dualrecovery...

jollster101
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by donedos View Post
the install.bat as I can remember will try to reboot into recovery after granting the SU rights. and when your in the recovery mode you'll reboot it into system to complete the process... kindly check the procedure again for proper installation of the dualrecovery...
Turns out there was an issue with the 2.7.83 installer that The Nut created. He has fixed that issue and I have just used 2.7.86 with success and now have the XZDualRecovery working fine.

Cheers

mtbjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Uh oh...

Not sure what happened but it looks like something went wrong. Everything seemed to be going perfectly but right after I flashed the 4.3 unbranded UK zip it went into that boot loop. I downloaded the Nordic version and tried that one with the same results.

I can still get into Philz and TWRP but I wanted to check with you guys before I start playing with any of the wipe or reset options just in case I can save it.

I have a SGP311 and of course no backup (the only instruction I know I messed up on) and no idea where I messed up.

Any advice or links would be much appreciated.
AT&T Tilt
Duttys New years Rom 2k8 Fixed [DualTouch v2]
Radio: 1.27.12.11

bernddi
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbjoe View Post
Not sure what happened but it looks like something went wrong. Everything seemed to be going perfectly but right after I flashed the 4.3 unbranded UK zip it went into that boot loop. I downloaded the Nordic version and tried that one with the same results.

I can still get into Philz and TWRP but I wanted to check with you guys before I start playing with any of the wipe or reset options just in case I can save it.

I have a SGP311 and of course no backup (the only instruction I know I messed up on) and no idea where I messed up.

Any advice or links would be much appreciated.
Did you take the right file? And did you flash the stripped ftf file via flashtool after flashing the zip in the recovery?
Note that after flashing the zip you should shut down the Tablet (not restart) and afterwards go into flashmode and flash the ftf.

zombiej79
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Anybody see the update for the 311 yet?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

mtbjoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernddi View Post
Did you take the right file? And did you flash the stripped ftf file via flashtool after flashing the zip in the recovery?
Note that after flashing the zip you should shut down the Tablet (not restart) and afterwards go into flashmode and flash the ftf.
That was it! I forgot how to use Flashtool and for some reason wanted to flash the stripped ftf from the PC after it booted up.

Feel pretty dumb but my awesome rooted Tablet Z running 4.3 is helping me feel better

Thanks bernddi and everyone else who made this possible!
AT&T Tilt
Duttys New years Rom 2k8 Fixed [DualTouch v2]
Radio: 1.27.12.11

HeadNoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can anyone let, etc know if I can do the system upgrade to 10.4.1.b.0.109 without losing root. I rooted using this method. And my tablet is locked.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk