Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Does Lightflow work on this device?

OP jcnbama

28th February 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
jcnbama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 155
 
862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Hey everyone! Got my G2 today. Got it rooted in like 5 mins. Almost done setting it up. One thing I can not seem to make work is Lightflow. It's kinda weird I've done everything I normally do. It's set up the same way as my Nexus 4. LED is enabled. I've tried unchecking all the stock system LED'S etc. Stock works. I've Googled it already and it doesn't seem like any kind of known issue. Accessibility is turned on. Root enabled. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I love Lightflow.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
28th February 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #2  
LTunez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama

Hey everyone! Got my G2 today. Got it rooted in like 5 mins. Almost done setting it up. One thing I can not seem to make work is Lightflow. It's kinda weird I've done everything I normally do. It's set up the same way as my Nexus 4. LED is enabled. I've tried unchecking all the stock system LED'S etc. Stock works. I've Googled it already and it doesn't seem like any kind of known issue. Accessibility is turned on. Root enabled. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I love Lightflow.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Yes, it does work. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked).

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well.

I think that should do it.
28th February 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #3  
jcnbama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 155
 
862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTunez

Yes, it does work. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked).

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well.

I think that should do it.

This seems reasonable enough. The only question I have is that I donít see a "downloaded apps" option under the LED settings "see screenshot" is it located somewhere else?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393599436113.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	2605730  
28th February 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #4  
LTunez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama

This seems reasonable enough. The only question I have is that I donít see a "downloaded apps" option under the LED settings "see screenshot" is it located somewhere else?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

Hmm, well I'm on the Verizon variant, so maybe that option isn't available on yours...? It's underneath the other notifications...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-28-09-02-37.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	2605737  
28th February 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #5  
LTunez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Maybe try some of these troubleshooting steps.

https://holidayflow.com:8443/ff/page...ow/pageId/2338
28th February 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #6  
jcnbama's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 155
 
862 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTunez

Hmm, well I'm on the Verizon variant, so maybe that option isn't available on yours...? It's underneath the other notifications...

Dang. Have you been updated, or was it that way from the beginning? I'm on the T-Mobile variant. Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in on this too. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
28th February 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #7  
LTunez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama

Dang. Have you been updated, or was it that way from the beginning? I'm on the T-Mobile variant. Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in on this too. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

On the latest JB update. Not sure if it was that way before the update, since I did the update the day I got the phone (before rooting or installing any apps).

Hopefully someone else can help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to LTunez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes