Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does Lightflow work on this device?

Tip us?

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Default Does Lightflow work on this device?

Hey everyone! Got my G2 today. Got it rooted in like 5 mins. Almost done setting it up. One thing I can not seem to make work is Lightflow. It's kinda weird I've done everything I normally do. It's set up the same way as my Nexus 4. LED is enabled. I've tried unchecking all the stock system LED'S etc. Stock works. I've Googled it already and it doesn't seem like any kind of known issue. Accessibility is turned on. Root enabled. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I love Lightflow.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

LTunez
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnbama View Post
Hey everyone! Got my G2 today. Got it rooted in like 5 mins. Almost done setting it up. One thing I can not seem to make work is Lightflow. It's kinda weird I've done everything I normally do. It's set up the same way as my Nexus 4. LED is enabled. I've tried unchecking all the stock system LED'S etc. Stock works. I've Googled it already and it doesn't seem like any kind of known issue. Accessibility is turned on. Root enabled. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I love Lightflow.

Yes, it does work. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked).

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well.

I think that should do it.

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTunez View Post
Yes, it does work. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked).

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well.

I think that should do it.
This seems reasonable enough. The only question I have is that I donít see a "downloaded apps" option under the LED settings "see screenshot" is it located somewhere else?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393599436113.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	2605730  
If I share something helpful with you along the way, then hit the THANKS button. I am not a developer so that's all I got.

LTunez
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
This seems reasonable enough. The only question I have is that I donít see a "downloaded apps" option under the LED settings "see screenshot" is it located somewhere else?

Hmm, well I'm on the Verizon variant, so maybe that option isn't available on yours...? It's underneath the other notifications...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-28-09-02-37.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	2605737  

LTunez
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Maybe try some of these troubleshooting steps.

https://holidayflow.com:8443/ff/page...ow/pageId/2338

jcnbama
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTunez View Post
Hmm, well I'm on the Verizon variant, so maybe that option isn't available on yours...? It's underneath the other notifications...
Dang. Have you been updated, or was it that way from the beginning? I'm on the T-Mobile variant. Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in on this too. :thumbup:

LTunez
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Dang. Have you been updated, or was it that way from the beginning? I'm on the T-Mobile variant. Thanks for the help anyway. Maybe someone else will chime in on this too. :thumbup:

On the latest JB update. Not sure if it was that way before the update, since I did the update the day I got the phone (before rooting or installing any apps).

Hopefully someone else can help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to LTunez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]