Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loosing root with 4.3

Tip us?

vafangool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Loosing root with 4.3

Hey guys I have the sch-i545 on verizon running 4.2.2 with base ME7, I have been postponing the update, if I take it I know I will loose root but can I just root it again with safe root? And will I also be able to load safe strap? I know the bootloader is locked but I would like to try some of the custom roms for the me7 . I also saw a thread that said updating from me7 to MJ7 what would be the significance of that? Thanks guys..

hexitnow
Old
Thanks Meter 332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafangool View Post
Hey guys I have the sch-i545 on verizon running 4.2.2 with base ME7, I have been postponing the update, if I take it I know I will loose root but can I just root it again with safe root? And will I also be able to load safe strap? I know the bootloader is locked but I would like to try some of the custom roms for the me7 . I also saw a thread that said updating from me7 to MJ7 what would be the significance of that? Thanks guys..
Me7 was still 4.2 while mk2/mj7 are both 4.3. Yep you just reroot using saferoot it's very easy to use. I'm on mk2 rooted myself. Safestrap I's also compatible with it but you'll want to read into those threads some more

Nvidia Shield Root and More
Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way.
and-roms.com

KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
chown: ./base: No such file or directory
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ mkdir ./base
KR-1:~ KRIEGER$ chown -R US ./base
ownership changed

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafangool View Post

takes a few minutes find some helpful threads...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579278
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vafangool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexitnow View Post
Me7 was still 4.2 while mk2/mj7 are both 4.3. Yep you just reroot using saferoot it's very easy to use. I'm on mk2 rooted myself. Safestrap I's also compatible with it but you'll want to read into those threads some more

Doing a little bit of reading goes a long way.
Ok so I will just take the update and than re root it. It read that safe strap is compatible with me7 with a few custom roms. Thanks for the help

vafangool
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Hey decaturbob thanks for the reply I was actually all over those 2 threads, there was some great info in the one you had posted, I just wasn't understanding about the post to update from me7 to mj7 but as I read it again for the 3rd time I realized it was to get hyperdrive, It's just I'm new to this and I have been reading all these threads like crazy and have learned a lot these last few days. So my plan is to just take the 4.3 update, root again using safe root, install safe strap v3.65 I believe is the one I need for me7 but I'll double check, and then there was that thread on some of the custom roms that were usable with safe strap. Thanks again for the help guys