Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,227 Members 46,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Sony Mobile display comparsion - XPERIA V vs Z1 Compact

Tip us?

Jozinek
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1939

DONATE TO ME
Default Best Sony Mobile display comparsion - XPERIA V vs Z1 Compact

Display Sony XPERIA V was for very long time simply the best from all XPERIA phones. There wasnt any other phone with such good display (viewing angles, colours etc...). But from this year, XPERIA V is not the vest in this range. Display of Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact is better than XPERIA V, as you can compare below on photos and videos. And seem that XPERIA Z2 display will be also very good, so from this time, only good displays from Sony Mobile please... What do you thing about it, is Z1 Compact display better than XPERIA V display?

If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jozinek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BakiSaN
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I really like V, my 1st android phone. For that money i think it's very good choice and i really like it. And if sony continues updating stuff like this, pretty sure my next phone will be Z ( or something even better coz who knows when will i change this ). Was thinking between HTC desire 500 and V, and V just bought me with screen resolution. Didn't regret it

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 185
As I learned there are three different screens which Sony uses for the V. The device came on the market with an original Sony screen, which is (immediately visible) the best. The demo unit in the shop had a better screen than the unit I've got. The other two screens types are from Sharp and from Toshiba, still with very good resolution but more narrow viewing angle and sightly lesser vibrant colours. Also blacks are a bit washed out.

All the initial V had the Sony screen which was highly praised everywhere. Anyway, most stick a matt plastic over it, which is like using a bottle's bottom as a lens for a Leica.
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."

akshayacharya007
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Xperia TX with touch firmware B is best in all aspects contrasts, viewing angles

Sent from my LT29i using Tapatalk
Proud owner of Xperia TX!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to akshayacharya007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhiteNeo
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-k View Post
As I learned there are three different screens which Sony uses for the V. The device came on the market with an original Sony screen, which is (immediately visible) the best. The demo unit in the shop had a better screen than the unit I've got. The other two screens types are from Sharp and from Toshiba, still with very good resolution but more narrow viewing angle and sightly lesser vibrant colours. Also blacks are a bit washed out.

All the initial V had the Sony screen which was highly praised everywhere. Anyway, most stick a matt plastic over it, which is like using a bottle's bottom as a lens for a Leica.
How can I find out which of the screens is built in my XV?

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

peter-k
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo View Post
How can I find out which of the screens is built in my XV?

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app
Start with post no. 20
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2499108&page=2
"I don't think we need comments/discussions on rules/guidelines."

shysparrow
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Nice comparison. I have used XV, XZ, XZR & Z1 and loved the display but, I like XZ1c's Display over XV

Whateva u say in ur videos is good, but I don't understood a single word. Can u insert scrolling marquees in English so that we can understand and experience ur expertise.

Thanks!
Rom/ Firmware : Stock ROM -- KK 4.4.4
Build Version: 14.4.A.0.108
Boot Loader : Locked | Recovery : Dual | Rooted : Yes

Past Xperia Devices : U | V | ZR | Z | Z1 - Current Device : Z1 Compact

" I can't change direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination "