XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Increase Audio Levels

Tip us?

skylr616
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Increase Audio Levels

I have tried Hashcode's CM 10.2 and 11 but both seem to have the same problem with very low audio levels out of the built-in speakers. It seems that at 100% I'm only getting about 1/2 - 3/4 the volume I experienced with the stock Amazon ROM when using apps like Netflix, Youtube, HBO Go, etc.

On top of that issue I've also found that none of the volume boosting apps on the Market, which worked perfectly with the stock Amazon ROM, work with Hashcode's CM builds. I've found some threads for modding CM files to boost audio but those files don't seem to exist in these Kindle builds.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might boost my audio volume? Thank you in advance for any help you may offer!

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 505

DONATE TO ME
OK there is a file you can adjust but I would recommend installing viper4android. I Don t have a link to the thread but Google it, it will probably have the first result being an xda thread, follow its instruction for the extra times you put on the sdcard, but other than that just install it, I wouldn't worry about the stuff it says to check for in the built.prop and putting it in the system apps folder. Long story short not only will this increase your audio output, you can also add immense am mounts of bass and stuff. Amazing app.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skylr616
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
OK there is a file you can adjust but I would recommend installing viper4android. I Don t have a link to the thread but Google it, it will probably have the first result being an xda thread, follow its instruction for the extra times you put on the sdcard, but other than that just install it, I wouldn't worry about the stuff it says to check for in the built.prop and putting it in the system apps folder. Long story short not only will this increase your audio output, you can also add immense am mounts of bass and stuff. Amazing app.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
Works (very very well). Thank you!

Beaker319
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default This what I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr616 View Post
Works (very very well). Thank you!
I am sure I got this from a post on this forum and it worked GREAT for me as it almost doubled the sound output. Give it a try and let me know.

Originally Posted by south956
Use file explorer to edit file with system in rw

Mods these lines in /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

"DL1 Media Playback Volume" value="120"
"Digital Playback Volume" value="105"
"Speaker Boost Volume" value="5"

Reboot and put it as loud as it goes and tell me if there is a difference. Only works on cm based roms.

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beaker319 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D34THSPAWN
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker319 View Post
I am sure I got this from a post on this forum and it worked GREAT for me as it almost doubled the sound output. Give it a try and let me know.

Originally Posted by south956
Use file explorer to edit file with system in rw

Mods these lines in /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml

"DL1 Media Playback Volume" value="120"
"Digital Playback Volume" value="105"
"Speaker Boost Volume" value="5"

Reboot and put it as loud as it goes and tell me if there is a difference. Only works on cm based roms.

Regards

This worked for me, I did find that those settings made it a bit too loud and it distorted pretty badly so i tweaked it down a bit and it was much better! Netflix is a tolerable volume now, music needs to be kept a bit lower though.

LivingChampion
Old
Thanks Meter 24
120-100-4 respectively has been working out fine for me.