Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Unathuorized firmware.

Tip us?

DarkfireInsanity
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] AT&T Unathuorized firmware.

Okay, so long story short AT&T has cockblocked me from recovering my phone. I know, it has a locked bootloader. I get that. But let me start from the beginning. I was rooted (4.3), and my phone auto updated to KK, and essentially soft-bricked my phone. Well, I had to flash my 4.3 firmware (or so I thought) back onto my phone through Odin. The firmware turned out to be 4.2.2, and all of it failed to flash except the modem. It still started up fine, but I couldn't connect to wifi. It wasn't even an option to turn it on. Turns out I was still on 4.3, with a baseband of MF3, and a build number ending in MK2. I didn't know how to fix this, so I've kinda flashed it with all sorts of things hoping it would help. I've tried all variations of 4.2.2 seeing if I can get things to be all either MF3 or MK2, so far no luck. Well today I tried to flash it with MK2 firmware, and it went like 95% through, and failed. Restarted, and it says "System software not authorized by AT&T has been found on your phone."

This is because of the bootloader, I get it.

The 4.2.2 modem is the only thing to successfully flash. Any clues why? Any clues onto how to recover my phone at all? You guys are true geniuses, please help.

Also, my device status is still on "custom" with the unlocked icon.

Any help would be tremendous, as I feel like a complete and utter moron. I have both Windows 7 & Linux Mint my use, so suggest anything. Please. I'm begging you.

jeff7790
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I had the same problem i soft bricked my phone by installing MF3 and i was already on MK2. Just download MK2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279 flash first only AP_I337UCUEMK2_1921628_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 by using PDA on oDin see if that fixes your problem.
Devices
Using:LG Optimus G
HTC Ones X
iPhone 4s
HTC sensation
iPhone 4 again
Mytouch 4g Running Cyanogen 6.0
Mytouch3g Slide Rooted Running Cyanogen 6.0 RC3
iPhone 4 Sold
HTC HD2 T-mobile Energy Rom Sold
iPhone 3gs Jailbroken
iPhone 3g
HTC T-Mobile Wing
Palm Treo 750

xirvin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff7790 View Post
I had the same problem i soft bricked my phone by installing MF3 and i was already on MK2. Just download MK2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621279 flash first only AP_I337UCUEMK2_1921628_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 by using PDA on oDin see if that fixes your problem.
Do you know of a good repository or place were i can download basebands updates (Modem.bin) for my i337?
If i upload a phone baseband i337 with a i337m, would it work?

xirvin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Never mind found the solution in the forum. Thx

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app