Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting or not?

Tip us?

Pman
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekmason View Post
Lol. It is a google problem as far as the permissions go. They saw a potential for abuse and removed the auto access as such. I don't know if lg left it the same or does what Samsung does and has their own fix.

In the development section under the kernel compile thread, if you read the last page or two you will see where muiriddin is working on a kernel for the 500 that should take care of the gamma issues and such. I believe he has a test kernel compiled and is working on getting it into a useable zip file for your device. There are still a few mysteries to work out

Anyway, there is a thread on these forums (gpad) that discusses the problem and the same fix you found.

Naughty Google!

Oh nice, you have many big threads, nice to be speaking to a clever person! Well i'll be happy to test the kernel out for muiriddin when it's up and ready, sound exciting.

sleekmason
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman1342 View Post
Naughty Google!

Oh nice, you have many big threads, nice to be speaking to a clever person! Well i'll be happy to test the kernel out for muiriddin when it's up and ready, sound exciting.
Good Day! Thought you, or whoever else has an interest may like to see this article by chainfire (lead developer),
and this one about android device specific configurations. ( I keep looking at this like there might be some magic there;)

http://www.chainfire.eu/articles/113..._to_SD_cards_/

http://source.android.com/devices/te...ge/config.html

apparently, the so-so work around for us was initiated by Samsung, and is a dirty hack that they still implement.

I was looking into the init.rc file for the 510 and found:
Code:
mkdir /storage 0751 root sdcard_r
I changed the above to rw thinking I found the golden calf, recompiled the kernel with the adjusted ramdisk and tested it to no avail.

I do however think I'm on the right track.
I dont think the problem is getting the device to user the sdcard(1), as a symlink maybe could do the trick, I think the problem is making it visible to programs like Dolphin when you want to download something, and then getting a request to do so, meaning programs can't arbitrarily write to the sdcard without our explicit permission (root or question).

parsifal968
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Update...

Rooted my gpad and tryed almost all setcpu apps for underclock but no lucky.
At start only core0 seem to do the freq i set (1.2 for example) and others 3 core runs at 1.7 but after some seconds all 4 cores return to 1.7
Tested with perfmon app active and running antutu.
Someone help me!

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app