5,606,722 Members 37,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chrome (couldn't sign in & text flow issue)

Tip us?

esheesle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Chrome (couldn't sign in & text flow issue)

I have Chrome sync running. Shows it is syncing fine under the accounts area and all bookmarks, etc. sync. A couple of times since last night when I open Chrome I get a couldn't sign in prompt. Clicking next does nothing. Running stock rooted mk2. If I close Chrome and reopen all is fine. I can also go into the accounts/sync area and tell it to sync and it works.

Also getting distorted text on xda (but nowhere else yet at least). Screenshot attached. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-27-09-25-29.jpg
Views:	6949
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	2603793  

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by esheesle View Post
I have Chrome sync running. Shows it is syncing fine under the accounts area and all bookmarks, etc. sync. A couple of times since last night when I open Chrome I get a couldn't sign in prompt. Clicking next does nothing. Running stock rooted mk2. If I close Chrome and reopen all is fine. I can also go into the accounts/sync area and tell it to sync and it works.

Also getting distorted text on xda (but nowhere else yet at least). Screenshot attached. Any thoughts?
Are you using chrome beta? Cuz my beta does the same text distortion and I have to go into landscape mode for it to clear up and be readable. It's very annoying. I haven't tried going back to just the regular chrome version to test it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

esheesle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Are you using chrome beta? Cuz my beta does the same text distortion and I have to go into landscape mode for it to clear up and be readable. It's very annoying. I haven't tried going back to just the regular chrome version to test it...

Regular Chrome, not beta. I think they might have just pushed an update in the past day or so. maybe that is the culprit. So landscape and back fixes it then?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 676
Quote:
Regular Chrome, not beta. I think they might have just pushed an update in the past day or so. maybe that is the culprit. So landscape and back fixes it then?
Yea maybe.. It usually fixes it for me but not every single time.

esheesle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
So no "Couldn't sign in" issues for anyone else though. Been like 4 times today. Only happens when I open chrome, but if i hit back it just works and bookmarks and such seem to be syncing. Maybe a google now issue?

esheesle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
So are we really the only ones with the Chrome text flow issue?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 676
Quote:
So are we really the only ones with the Chrome text flow issue?
I've been using the DarHorse version found here and it's good so far... Give it a try
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287493

adavit
Old
Thanks Meter 26
You aren't alone on the sign in issue. It happens rarely, but it's started doing it the last two days or so. When I click next it says something about an error and not being able to sign in or something.