5,595,918 Members 31,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG E980 PhilZ Touch Recovery BootLoop Fix (HOW TO GET DEVICE BACK TO USABLE STATE)

Tip us?

rjmxtech
Old
(Last edited by rjmxtech; 1st March 2014 at 01:49 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default LG E980 PhilZ Touch Recovery BootLoop Fix (HOW TO GET DEVICE BACK TO USABLE STATE)

Hi all,
I recently figured out how to get an LG E980 back to a usable state after being stuck in a recovery loop due to a user or random system error from the PhilZ Touch Recovery (CWM/TWRP combo) and put CyanogenMod on it instead of having to flash back to stock.....the following link is directed to a zip file with a read me inside of it along with some files that have been modified to work with the recovery I have included in the zip file.

------HERE IS THE ZIP FOLLOW THE README INSIDE IT OR RISK BRICKING YOUR DEVICE------
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BziX...p=docslist_api

******I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your device while following this guide, before following it, and after following it.......by downloading the zip file and following the steps you take all responsibility for anything that may possibly happen to your device at any time before, after, or while following this guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjmxtech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arifqur
Old
Thanks Meter 237
Why is the file size so big?

rjmxtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by arifqur View Post
Why is the file size so big?
I put several ROMs in it that I modified to work with the old recovery which I also modded...all is in the zip make sure to read the readme
The Following User Says Thank You to rjmxtech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rob219
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
or you could just keep a twrp recovery zip on your sdcard and flash it like i did when philz recover kept booting into recovery.
if I've helped you in any way please hit the thanks button, thank you.

Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free and get more free space!!!! http://db.tt/UQ3EAsb

Get the quality of over 25 years of computer protection with Avast! Now available for your android!!!! http://www.avast.com/en-us/get/wspwgteh

rjmxtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob219 View Post
or you could just keep a twrp recovery zip on your sdcard and flash it like i did when philz recover kept booting into recovery.
That's basically what the tutorial says but it also has modified CM11 zips that will be flashable in twrp 2.6.1.0

rjmxtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
This is a simpler guide for those who have trouble with terminal based solutions

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk