5,604,367 Members 48,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KK][4.4.2][KVT49L] CyanogenMod 11 20140415-UNOFFICIAL

Tip us?

cars1189
Old
(Last edited by cars1189; 1st March 2014 at 03:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonxlg View Post
does anyone know how much space the rom takes on a fresh install or fresh install + gapps?
just curious
@anonxlg On my cm11.0 it takes about 512MB with rom+gapps. On jfbs rom+gapps takes about 490-500 i think maybe a little less. And the newer gapps use a little less space i think. Dont ask me why, but the zip is smaller so im assuming it takes less space. so worst case you should have at least ~60MB free which is good enough for almost any app.(only close one would be like chrome which is usually at most ~30MB other then some games which can be more) So rom space wise it cuts kinda close unlike some other android versions which leave around 100+MB.

<unnecessarilylongresponce>

So if anyone is thinking a rom for storage and little multitasking android 4.0-4.2 might be good. However if you dont mind the less rom space,still have apps storage anyways, but you want good multitasking 4.4 would work well. 4.4 uses significantly less ram. I could be wrong i havent really tried it but in general i wouldnt recommend 4.3. It works well but its kinda inbetween the other android versions. It takes up a little more rom space and it still uses a good bit of ram. In all honesty imo android 4.0.4(CM9) and 4.4(CM11.0) are the best cyanogenmod roms for our phone cm9 meets most app requirements and being older uses a little less ram and rom storage. Same with 4.4 except 4.4 has more features but in current state is just a little buggy/glitchy. Personally i use cm10.1 daily currently and as soon as cm11.0 gets more stable im defiantly making the switch again.

</unnecessarilylongresponce>
The Following User Says Thank You to cars1189 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Purplezigar
Old
Thanks Meter 25
So does ART work on the 2/20 build? The first post says ART works up to 2/19.

jfbs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 395
@Purplezigar no

For the weary http://www.zdnet.com/kitkat-giving-y...ix-7000027051/
The Following User Says Thank You to jfbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jorge_007
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Is this phone affected by the bug too? Also, google play services wakelocks this ROM and doesn't go into deep sleep. It happens when you turn on Google Now and by default it also turns on location reporting and location history. Having those two options on will wakelock the phone. You have to turn them off and reboot and it'll go into deep sleep properly. I don't know if they fixed it since google play services updates on its own, but this was a few days ago.

spiked_mistborn
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbs View Post
I've been having some wakelock issues since installing the 2/20 build, so maybe that's the reason. A reboot usually solves the problem for me, so I haven't really looked into it in more detail.

jfbs
Old
(Last edited by jfbs; 11th March 2014 at 06:09 AM.) Reason: ...
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 395
Some further comments here. Been using my t679 as a control the last 10 days or so, and it's been up > 200 hours w/o a charge or restart since powering it on at 90%. No extra apps besides banks' core and flappy birds for testing responsiveness. Also, listened to about 4 hours of continuous music. I'll remove RIL next for a better gauge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jfbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anonxlg
Old
Thanks Meter 5
remember that youtube scaling problem i mentioned? some other people had it, but not sure it was universal or not.
well, the latest youtube update seems to have fixed it.

also, a little thing that is bugging me. If i leave my phone plugged in, i notice that it does not go into deep sleep mode anymore, it would get stuck at 122mhz, which i set to be the lowest clock speed.

Jorge_007
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonxlg View Post
remember that youtube scaling problem i mentioned? some other people had it, but not sure it was universal or not.
well, the latest youtube update seems to have fixed it.

also, a little thing that is bugging me. If i leave my phone plugged in, i notice that it does not go into deep sleep mode anymore, it would get stuck at 122mhz, which i set to be the lowest clock speed.
Did it ever go into deep sleep mode while charging? Mine never did when the USB port worked. Even with the stock ROM it would stay awake while charging. It was the same thing with CM 9 and 10, so I think it's normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jorge_007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meekrawb
Old
Thanks Meter 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge_007 View Post
Did it ever go into deep sleep mode while charging? Mine never did when the USB port worked. Even with the stock ROM it would stay awake while charging. It was the same thing with CM 9 and 10, so I think it's normal.
I think you are correct. No deep sleep while charging.

anonxlg
Old
Thanks Meter 5
when i was on cm 10, it would go into deep sleep even if plugged in
it's pretty noticeable because before, i could live my phone plugged in, and it would not warm up after it's done completing charge, now it's warm even after charged (and yes, i check cpu idle times)