Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,981 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot keep SU

Tip us?

Gonemad
Old
(Last edited by Gonemad; 15th February 2014 at 03:21 AM.) Reason: additional info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Cannot keep SU

I have an S3 i747m on 4.3 rooted with CF-Autoroot. I had this working for a few days with the AWS enabled. I rebooted and now am getting the " There is no SU binary installed......" I reflashed with CF-Autoroot and nothing. I reflashed stock rom and then the AWS qcn file again. I was able to perform the SU nvbackup successfully, but when I tried the nvrestore with gscript it would not work. Tired to open SuperUser and it was throwing the same message up again. Anyone know what gives here? I have it working great on one S3 but the the other, which is identical. Any help would be great, as this one is the wife's. Thanks

Ali7000
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonemad View Post
I have an S3 i747m on 4.3 rooted with CF-Autoroot. I had this working for a few days with the AWS enabled. I rebooted and now am getting the " There is no SU binary installed......" I reflashed with CF-Autoroot and nothing. I reflashed stock rom and then the AWS qcn file again. I was able to perform the SU nvbackup successfully, but when I tried the nvrestore with gscript it would not work. Tired to open SuperUser and it was throwing the same message up again. Anyone know what gives here? I have it working great on one S3 but the the other, which is identical. Any help would be great, as this one is the wife's. Thanks
Same issue with me, I ended up installing a custom rom. It's more stable if you choose a stock mod rom.

JHiEAN
Old
Thanks Meter 1
check the CFAutoroot file that you are dowloading is for i747m.. then flash it via Odin on pc

Gonemad
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHiEAN View Post
check the CFAutoroot file that you are dowloading is for i747m.. then flash it via Odin on pc
I think I may have found my problem. My own stupidity, maybe. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I was flashing a Telus stock rom on to my Rogers phone. Reformatted system and flashed anew, everything seems to be working good now.