Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 45,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to get 4.4 kikat update official on M919

Tip us?

sahi2myfriend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default How to get 4.4 kikat update official on M919

So I just installed virginrom 4.3 gpe i was on dbomRom4.3 after I set up my phone I automatically got system update download 4.4 kitkat update available and ready to install.that's it hope this works for anyone that wants to install now...:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

Vigz
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahi2myfriend View Post
So I just installed virginrom 4.3 gpe i was on dbomRom4.3 after I set up my phone I automatically got system update download 4.4 kitkat update available and ready to install.that's it hope this works for anyone that wants to install now...:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app
VirginRom as of now is already on 4.4. Perhaps you downloaded an outdated version of it. The 4.4 kitkat update people are awaiting for is the one with TouchWiz.

sahi2myfriend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigz View Post
VirginRom as of now is already on 4.4. Perhaps you downloaded an outdated version of it. The 4.4 kitkat update people are awaiting for is the one with TouchWiz.
I know that but their are some out there that want to download 4.4 official for tmobile its not out.i was pointing on how to get it 4 usa tmobile...

Sent from my SGH-M919

lordcheeto03
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
I know that but their are some out there that want to download 4.4 official for tmobile its not out.i was pointing on how to get it 4 usa tmobile...

Sent from my SGH-M919
So you now have VirginROM 4.4.x? Is it the same one that's been available in the Android Development section since like December? Because if so, it's the official 4.4 update and it IS out and has been for a while now.
Don't be afraid of the "Thanks" button

sahi2myfriend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcheeto03 View Post
So you now have VirginROM 4.4.x? Is it the same one that's been available in the Android Development section since like December? Because if so, it's the official 4.4 update and it IS out and has been for a while now.
Im talking about official 4.4 ota from Samsung. I was just sharing info for some that ive read around that been wanting the ota.unrooted, unmodded and official. .that was all I was sharing.

Sent from my SGH-M919

Dr. Fed
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Im talking about official 4.4 ota from Samsung. I was just sharing info for some that ive read around that been wanting the ota.unrooted, unmodded and official. .that was all I was sharing.

Sent from my SGH-M919
Pardon the comments which seem like objections, but they are necessary if the content of your post is not exactly accurate. The GPE 4.4.2 has been available for a long time for this device. The official TW 4.4.2 is not available yet. Don't confuse the two. Also, of course the GPE update notification will occur if you're on the older version of Virgin Rom(4.3). But if you have a custom recovery it will fail to install most likely. Also, the title of your post fails to recognize the complexities of going from 4.3 to 4.4 on an older bootloader and having a fully working result.

I think your intentions were nice, but you may end up misleading people.

sahi2myfriend
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Mods can you delete this thread please.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Dr. Fed
Old
Thanks Meter 69
i hope i didn't come off as a jerk, not my intention.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Fed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13800
Quote:
Mods can you delete this thread please.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Thread closed per OP request
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe