HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

GG Safety Assistance

1st March 2014, 04:16 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consum...ZWAAFR-support




Thanks so much for any help!
21st April 2014, 02:17 AM |#2  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine, USA
Thanks Meter: 171
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut13134

Hey guys,So I just got my Galaxy Gear today and Ive read around and even Samsung's own manual says there is this Safety Assistance where you hit the power button 3 times and it will take a picture with GPS and send it to you emergency contact. The manual says to enable it under settings then safety assistance. But under my settings in gear manager there is no such setting. I contacted Samsung and they can't find where it even says in the manual. Did this feature get removed,or am I just missing something?

Im including the link to Samsung's site and its on PG.35 of the manual.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consum...ZWAAFR-support




Thanks so much for any help!


Did you ever figure out the issue?
21st April 2014, 02:20 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach

Did you ever figure out the issue?

I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.
21st April 2014, 02:40 AM |#4  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine, USA
Thanks Meter: 171
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waternut13134

I was told that it was pulled last minute. When I insisted they looked at the manual and page number they said that their manual did not show that and there manual was newer so it meant the feature was pulled.

My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,
21st April 2014, 05:05 AM |#5  
440bro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 437
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breach

My Gear and my new Gear 2 both have the option. My wife's does not. I think the issue is the rom you are running. My wife's Note 3 is running the stock T-mobile rom and she does not have the opinion. I upgraded to an international rom (to get rid of the t-mobile crap on my phone, most specifically the block they put on the tethering) and a side effect is I now have the Safety Assistance option.

Just figured I would let you know, incase you were interested,

Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.
21st April 2014, 01:24 PM |#6  
Breach's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maine, USA
Thanks Meter: 171
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

Is it possible to obtain the app for that? Like if you open wondershare on a pc, do you see it there? If so back it up, and upload it please.

The app wouldn't do any good unless you had the option in Gear Manager to turn it off and on, and to set an emergency contact for the app to message.

Perhaps there is a way to inject/mock the version of the rom to allow the option in Gear Manager so the option/ability is enabled.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes