Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No ROMs work successfully on XperiaT/TL?

Tip us?
 
nxhappy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Phone No ROMs work successfully on XperiaT/TL?

Because I am still a Newbie to XDA, I am not able to post this in development.

Xperia TL Will Not Boot Any Roms, Made for the TL or T

I recently bought a used Xperia TL for $95. Since my in-use phone is a Droid Ultra, I am not gonna even attempt to develop on it.

That's why I bought this device. For development. Not knowing how limited the rom selection is for the device.
Rom's I have attempted to use so far, Have not been working (I tried XperimenT and XGhostRom)

I thought an Xperia T rom would work on it. But i guess they don't.

I did the same process every rom i've flashed in the past uses (Droid 2, Droid X, Evo4G)

>Wipe Data/Cache
>Wipe Dalvik Cache
>Flash rom (for 500mb roms... this device does it in less than a minute. Is that wrong?)
>Reboot. Let it sit an Sony logo for a minute.
>Doesnt boot
>Use PC assistant to restore it.
>Root
>Install BusyBox
>Install CWM
>Try again
>Continues

Is there something im doing wrong?

Status of Device:

Xperia TL
Locked Bootloader
Restoring to stock (as i type this)
Root Method: VRoot

Any help before I end up making this my paperweight?
 
moliverac8
Old
#2  
moliverac8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 600
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Madrid

 
DONATE TO ME
I think that unlocking you're bootloader would solve your problems.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
Follow me on twitter if I helped you @moliverac8
You can ask me questions by twitter
 
nxhappy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Default Non-Unlockable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moliverac8 View Post
I think that unlocking you're bootloader would solve your problems.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
Flashtool and the service menu both claim there's no way to.

Im guessing i'm stuck with this?
 
dyfk3l
Old
#4  
dyfk3l's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 147
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bavaria (near Germany)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxhappy View Post
Flashtool and the service menu both claim there's no way to.

Im guessing i'm stuck with this?
When your bootloader cannot be unlocked (http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions), then you have to accept that, I'm afraid.
The only ROMS you can install are stock based ROMS, they work with locked BL. But every other ROM like CM, AOKP etc. won't work on your locked BL. Sorry.
Sony Xperia V (LT25i) @ CM11
 
nxhappy
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Default Any Other Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfk3l View Post
When your bootloader cannot be unlocked (http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions), then you have to accept that, I'm afraid.
The only ROMS you can install are stock based ROMS, they work with locked BL. But every other ROM like CM, AOKP etc. won't work on your locked BL. Sorry.
Alright. If there was any way the previous owner would take this back. (I know not to get At&t because of their service locking) what older device do you suggest I look out for? (I'm sure Verizon doesn't lock their phones) but what device should I keep my eye out for?
 
Durteedee
Old
#6  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 234
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nxhappy View Post
Alright. If there was any way the previous owner would take this back. (I know not to get At&t because of their service locking) what older device do you suggest I look out for? (I'm sure Verizon doesn't lock their phones) but what device should I keep my eye out for?
Verizon is well known for locked bootloader I think you should pick up an HTC device that can get s off try deving on that or an international Sony phone. The moto g that is unlocked from Google amazon and Motorola is quite dev friendly. As for the tl you have now try putting it up on swappa for like 120 sure it will sell swiftly

KitKat slo"g" slide
Using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more