FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

[Q] Help ASAP! Might have bricked Galaxy S3

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Zephos, Junior Member on 1st March 2014, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey I'm pretty new to rooting, and I think I might have seriously f'd this one up.

I actually did the root just fine, no troubles with that. I just ran something called saferoot, verified the root and actually made a backup with Titanium (on my PC now). After that, I used an app EZ-Unlock which told me my bootloader was successfully unlocked.

Now comes the rough part. I got ROM Manager and used it to install ClockWork Mod. I hit "Make backup with CWM" it shut down my phone, and now I can't get it to boot at all.

I could really use some help ASAP here, I need the phone. Thanks guys
 
 
1st March 2014, 04:19 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
What Android version?

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 04:21 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It's on 4.3, I was hoping to flash a 4.4 CyanogenMod onto it.

Thanks for the quick answer, fastest on last three forums

Anything? Sorry for nagging I just really want this back
Last edited by Zephos; 1st March 2014 at 04:32 AM.
1st March 2014, 04:46 AM |#4  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephos

It's on 4.3, I was hoping to flash a 4.4 CyanogenMod onto it.

Thanks for the quick answer, fastest on last three forums

Anything? Sorry for nagging I just really want this back

If u were on stock 4.3ota u cant flash a custom recovery. Does ur fone turn on or any type of indication? .. On top theres two stickies. One is for ur situation. Brick after rooting a 4.3ota

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 04:48 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

If u were on stock 4.3ota u cant flash a custom recovery. Does ur fone turn on or any type of indication? .. On top theres two stickies. One is for ur situation. Brick after rooting a 4.3ota

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

****. Well no there's no light up at all. There was until I tried to unlock the bootloader.
1st March 2014, 04:50 AM |#6  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 376
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephos

It's on 4.3, I was hoping to flash a 4.4 CyanogenMod onto it.

Thanks for the quick answer, fastest on last three forums

Anything? Sorry for nagging I just really want this back

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166


U cant flash a custom rom. (cm aokp aosp etc) u can flash a tw rom

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephos

****. Well no there's no light up at all. There was until I tried to unlock the bootloader.

On 4.3ota u CANT unlock ur bootloader

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Also no custom recovery.

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 04:53 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for pointing me to that awesome sticky, hoping that solves my problem. fortunately I have a microSD -> SD adapter here.

Pisses me off that I can't do this, I hate 4.3 already and this makes it worse.

Someone wanted me to help with an S2 root, their TouchWiz got corrupted. I think 4.1.2, that's fine right?
1st March 2014, 05:03 AM |#8  
samsgun357's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,384
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephos

Thanks for pointing me to that awesome sticky, hoping that solves my problem. fortunately I have a microSD -> SD adapter here.

Pisses me off that I can't do this, I hate 4.3 already and this makes it worse.

Someone wanted me to help with an S2 root, their TouchWiz got corrupted. I think 4.1.2, that's fine right?

Yeah the s2 should be fine....should be but read up. The Verizon s3, specifically the 4.3 ota is the problem. They locked it down real good. Anything before the 4.3 ota would've been fine. Sorry

Watch, as I combine all the juice from my mind...
1st March 2014, 05:12 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks man. I found an explanation of how to do it online so I thought it was gonna work, but I guess not everyone can be trusted. Read through a tutorial on the cyanogen mod wiki for the S2, seems like it'll be fine.

That debrick fix isn't working...I have a year insurance on this, am I better off throwing this at the wall? Getting a replacement without them knowing it was being changed?
Last edited by Zephos; 1st March 2014 at 05:40 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes