Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Please Help

OP DarkShock124

28th February 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
So I woke up today and decided I wanted to get a custom ROM on my HTC One. This sounded all good. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the rom. All was fine until I tried to flash a custom rom. I had the ViperOne ROM ready to go but it would install and then get stuck on the loading. I presumed I would just have to wipe everything and then re-install the zip. This is where I messed up. I wiped the MicroSD in which the zip was originally on.

So now I am left with a device that has no OS. Basically a paperweight. From looking around I have found some topics that say that I just need to flash a RUU back onto the phone but something always fails and never works out.

As of right now, ADB is NOT working and the only way I can access the phone is through fastboot.

Here is my getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.980.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: --------------------
(bootloader) imei: -----------------------
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__039
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4322mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fd1bd949
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.050s

From the info above I went and downloaded "RUU Zip M7 Google Edition 4.4 3.58.1700.5" from htc1guru though when I went to install it, it failed. Putting me back at square 1.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance
28th February 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShock124

So I woke up today and decided I wanted to get a custom ROM on my HTC One. This sounded all good. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the rom. All was fine until I tried to flash a custom rom. I had the ViperOne ROM ready to go but it would install and then get stuck on the loading. I presumed I would just have to wipe everything and then re-install the zip. This is where I messed up. I wiped the MicroSD in which the zip was originally on.

So now I am left with a device that has no OS. Basically a paperweight. From looking around I have found some topics that say that I just need to flash a RUU back onto the phone but something always fails and never works out.

As of right now, ADB is NOT working and the only way I can access the phone is through fastboot.

Here is my getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.980.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: --------------------
(bootloader) imei: -----------------------
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__039
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4322mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fd1bd949
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.050s

From the info above I went and downloaded "RUU Zip M7 Google Edition 4.4 3.58.1700.5" from htc1guru though when I went to install it, it failed. Putting me back at square 1.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

You will need to buy a USB OTG cable, which costs about $5. This is a microUSB to full USB cable. On a FAT32-formatted USB, transfer the ViperOne zip to the USB storage. Then, in TWRP recovery, choose the /usb otg directory. Then, flash the ViperOne zip from TWRP.
FYI, you cannot flash a Google Play RUU if you're S-ON. The phone needs to be S-OFF for that
1st March 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

You will need to buy a USB OTG cable, which costs about $5. This is a microUSB to full USB cable. On a FAT32-formatted USB, transfer the ViperOne zip to the USB storage. Then, in TWRP recovery, choose the /usb otg directory. Then, flash the ViperOne zip from TWRP.
FYI, you cannot flash a Google Play RUU if you're S-ON. The phone needs to be S-OFF for that

Ok so i got the cable and flashed the ROM, now it is getting to the boot and just rebooting into TWRP.

The only error I got during the installation was the "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed"
1st March 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 435

1,791 posts
What version of twrp?

sent from my mobile device
1st March 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

What version of twrp?

sent from my mobile device

Yeah that was the problem. The version was old and it was reported to have those issues. I flashed the newest version of the recovery and the installation went fine and I have my phone back now.

Thanks anyway
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread