Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please Help

Tip us?

DarkShock124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Please Help

So I woke up today and decided I wanted to get a custom ROM on my HTC One. This sounded all good. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the rom. All was fine until I tried to flash a custom rom. I had the ViperOne ROM ready to go but it would install and then get stuck on the loading. I presumed I would just have to wipe everything and then re-install the zip. This is where I messed up. I wiped the MicroSD in which the zip was originally on.

So now I am left with a device that has no OS. Basically a paperweight. From looking around I have found some topics that say that I just need to flash a RUU back onto the phone but something always fails and never works out.

As of right now, ADB is NOT working and the only way I can access the phone is through fastboot.

Here is my getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.980.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: --------------------
(bootloader) imei: -----------------------
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__039
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4322mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fd1bd949
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.050s

From the info above I went and downloaded "RUU Zip M7 Google Edition 4.4 3.58.1700.5" from htc1guru though when I went to install it, it failed. Putting me back at square 1.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShock124 View Post
So I woke up today and decided I wanted to get a custom ROM on my HTC One. This sounded all good. I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the rom. All was fine until I tried to flash a custom rom. I had the ViperOne ROM ready to go but it would install and then get stuck on the loading. I presumed I would just have to wipe everything and then re-install the zip. This is where I messed up. I wiped the MicroSD in which the zip was originally on.

So now I am left with a device that has no OS. Basically a paperweight. From looking around I have found some topics that say that I just need to flash a RUU back onto the phone but something always fails and never works out.

As of right now, ADB is NOT working and the only way I can access the phone is through fastboot.

Here is my getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.980.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: --------------------
(bootloader) imei: -----------------------
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__039
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4322mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fd1bd949
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.050s

From the info above I went and downloaded "RUU Zip M7 Google Edition 4.4 3.58.1700.5" from htc1guru though when I went to install it, it failed. Putting me back at square 1.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance
You will need to buy a USB OTG cable, which costs about $5. This is a microUSB to full USB cable. On a FAT32-formatted USB, transfer the ViperOne zip to the USB storage. Then, in TWRP recovery, choose the /usb otg directory. Then, flash the ViperOne zip from TWRP.
FYI, you cannot flash a Google Play RUU if you're S-ON. The phone needs to be S-OFF for that

DarkShock124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
You will need to buy a USB OTG cable, which costs about $5. This is a microUSB to full USB cable. On a FAT32-formatted USB, transfer the ViperOne zip to the USB storage. Then, in TWRP recovery, choose the /usb otg directory. Then, flash the ViperOne zip from TWRP.
FYI, you cannot flash a Google Play RUU if you're S-ON. The phone needs to be S-OFF for that
Ok so i got the cable and flashed the ROM, now it is getting to the boot and just rebooting into TWRP.

The only error I got during the installation was the "set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed"

SaHiLzZ
Old
Thanks Meter 409
What version of twrp?

sent from my mobile device

DarkShock124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
What version of twrp?

sent from my mobile device

Yeah that was the problem. The version was old and it was reported to have those issues. I flashed the newest version of the recovery and the installation went fine and I have my phone back now.

Thanks anyway