Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] the screen off and I couldn't open my device

Tip us?

nemo_waly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] the screen off and I couldn't open my device

Today when leave my phone for 5 min then the screen off and I can not open it again until after pressing long on the power button, the tab Restart and worked and when left without using it for for 5 minutes, the screen off again.
and I opend it by restarting
Did a factory reset, but the problem still found.

nemo_waly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo_waly View Post
Today when leave my phone for 5 min then the screen off and I can not open it again until after pressing long on the power button, the tab Restart and worked and when left without using it for for 5 minutes, the screen off again.
and I opend it by restarting
Did a factory reset, but the problem still found.
Plz help me

dt33
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo_waly View Post
Plz help me
I had this problem to once, after restart it works again and others also had this problem. Someone fixed it by disassembling the device and was about LCD ribbon that cause this behaviour. Bad quality control as it seems to be and shame on Samsung.
Send it back and replace it if possible, or for repairs and if want to fix it you self:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643122

skyhigh73
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I had this problem but after rooting my device, so I did re-flashing with stock rom and everything went normal.
I think it is a software not a hardware error. I had this problem with nearly all Samsung tablets (p-1000, p6200, 7500 and lately with the note 10.1_2014)
and every time I did re-flashing with stock rom and everything went normal.

nemo_waly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh73 View Post
I had this problem but after rooting my device, so I did re-flashing with stock rom and everything went normal.
I think it is a software not a hardware error. I had this problem with nearly all Samsung tablets (p-1000, p6200, 7500 and lately with the note 10.1_2014)
and every time I did re-flashing with stock rom and everything went normal.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Some body told me this software problem and others told hardware and I must replace the screen.
I am writing now from my device which had this problem, i bought the phone from KSA from 2 weeks ago and from the first day of use it made restart about 10th time per day until appear this problem, so I'll try to send it to Samsung office their.
I hope they can solve this problem or replace it.