Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wall Charger replacement?

OP mikejames07

1st March 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 735

772 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

wow. just wow.
resell value... yeah sure, people are gonna pay you more because you have the original charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

maybe it doesn't, but your way of thinking is flawed, and greedy.
charging cradle is using standard micro usb connection. 99% of the cables/chargers will work with it. everyone own a few at least, they come with nearly every device. micro usb is present on more than 90% of devices. you charge everything with one cable. yet you are trying to get the original charger - for no reason.

I guess I wasn't around whenever you were crowned "knower of all things usb and resale", strange though considering you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. First of all having the original box and original contents along with any item being resold greatly increases the overall chance of it selling, it reduces the amount of time it takes to sell, and most importantly items sold with their original box and contents on average bring in 15% - 30% MORE MONEY than the exact same items being sold without the original box and contents. So wow, just wow, it actually does make a difference whether you want to believe it or not. But I guess whenever you sell something of yours you just give it away for practically nothing because otherwise you'd be greedy right? Let me know whenever you're ready to sell your Gear because I'd be happy to give you $20 bucks for it! Secondly, just because a different cable might fit into the port doesn't mean that it'll work the same way. You're "any old cable will do" theory is kind of ridiculous considering cables by themselves have different resistances which alone could cause longer charge times and faster battery drain, and each adapter has it's own voltage and amp outputs which can also effect different devices in different ways. It's funny how none of those things ever crossed your mind yet somehow you're an authority on the subject. LOL Wow just wow!

Sent from a modified ColecoVision
1st March 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 71

488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep447

I guess I wasn't around whenever you were crowned "knower of all things usb and resale", strange though considering you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. First of all having the original box and original contents along with any item being resold greatly increases the overall chance of it selling, it reduces the amount of time it takes to sell, and most importantly items sold with their original box and contents on average bring in 15% - 30% MORE MONEY than the exact same items being sold without the original box and contents. So wow, just wow, it actually does make a difference whether you want to believe it or not. But I guess whenever you sell something of yours you just give it away for practically nothing because otherwise you'd be greedy right? Let me know whenever you're ready to sell your Gear because I'd be happy to give you $20 bucks for it! Secondly, just because a different cable might fit into the port doesn't mean that it'll work the same way. You're "any old cable will do" theory is kind of ridiculous considering cables by themselves have different resistances which alone could cause longer charge times and faster battery drain, and each adapter has it's own voltage and amp outputs which can also effect different devices in different ways. It's funny how none of those things ever crossed your mind yet somehow you're an authority on the subject. LOL Wow just wow!

Sent from a modified ColecoVision

i love the fact that you had to dig a month old thread. you must be from the united states.
i'm not gonna fight. i'll just laugh and go. good luck sir.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread