Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocking unactivated HTC First

Tip us?

FXGIO
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Unlocking unactivated HTC First

So I found mint HTC First on eBay, the description says it's not activated and not unlocked.
My question is, can I buy it, export to Europe and unlock it using the hack posted here?
I don't have access to AT&T SIM card and never had AT&T account.

Can an unactivated HTC First be unlocked? Is there a way to bypass activation screen?

russian392
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXGIO View Post
So I found mint HTC First on eBay, the description says it's not activated and not unlocked.
My question is, can I buy it, export to Europe and unlock it using the hack posted here?
I don't have access to AT&T SIM card and never had AT&T account.

Can an unactivated HTC First be unlocked? Is there a way to bypass activation screen?
thing is...you can but the phone and unlock it im sure. but you will need a sim to tell if its unlocked and be sure about it.
things you should know...
1. the htc first uses a micro sim
2. the htc first has almost zero support from developers and is no longer supported by htc or att
3. the htc first is known to be prone to problems during root and flashing of any kind of kernel or rom
4. it does not have removable storage wich makes our jobs a bit harder.

so if you could, go for another device if you simply dont want to have to constantly mess with it (i personally like to do all the flashing and hacking) so if you want to get a good device cheap...dont use ebay...use this: http://www.cellularcountry.com/
NEXUS 5
Motorola Atrix HD - White - Cyanogenmod 11
HTC First - White - AOSP 4.1.2 Rooted
HTC One (M7) - Silver - Cyanogenmod 11
ZTE Avail - AOSP 2.3.7
LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod 10.2
XDA Premium

FXGIO
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian392 View Post
2. the htc first has almost zero support from developers and is no longer supported by htc or att
3. the htc first is known to be prone to problems during root and flashing of any kind of kernel or rom

I already have nexus 5 for those purposes
This one is for my relative, she wanted a very small device, with ok specs and under $170. I couldn't find anything better.

Thank you for your reply

russian392
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
I already have nexus 5 for those purposes
This one is for my relative, she wanted a very small device, with ok specs and under $170. I couldn't find anything better.

Thank you for your reply
Alrighty then. Um the first would be a nice device then!
but keep in mind...i dont promise anything. your idea of unlocking it SHOULD work. But if it doesn't idk. If you get it in good condition you could re-sell it.
bam: brand new htc first (mint condition) for 165. I bought mine in "in box" condtion. but it had a bad scratch on it and didnt come with the original stuff. This should be good though and i trust this site better than ebay.
http://www.cellularcountry.com/used-...ne-att-p-33918
or if you want to save some money. you can buy the first in excelent condition but probably without the box for 140
http://www.cellularcountry.com/used-...hite-phone-att

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

or if "she" doesnt mind a windows phone
here is a great one for even less
http://www.cellularcountry.com/used-...-8-att-p-17798

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

but basically...im on att and i have a htc first so i could call att for you and try to get an unlock code or ask them if its possible. idk
NEXUS 5
Motorola Atrix HD - White - Cyanogenmod 11
HTC First - White - AOSP 4.1.2 Rooted
HTC One (M7) - Silver - Cyanogenmod 11
ZTE Avail - AOSP 2.3.7
LG Thrive - Cyanogenmod 10.2
XDA Premium

Dnst
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Yes. Proof is my own phone.

Concerning your second question, I am not sure. I bought mine in mint condition, so it had been unlocked beforehand. But I guess it should work if yiu just put your sim card in the slot abd do the unlock procedure.
HTC Touch Diamond (Diam100), HTC HD2 (Leo 512), HTC Evo 3D (Shooter U), LG Optimus 2X (P990), Sony Xperia S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (I9250), LG Optimus 4X HD (P880), HTC Sensation, HTC First, Motorola Droid Mini