Post Reply

All Apps Crash on Boot. Phone Unusable

OP screecwe

28th February 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
I'm not really sure what's going on. Out of the blue (haven't installed anything new) my Razr Maxx HD started showing an endless loop of app crashes. Many are google related apps or processes, and the rest are apps that shouldn't even be started yet. Just random ones from my app drawer. The dialogue boxes appear as fast as I can press them.

I tried going to settings and deleting the app settings. I tried doing a factory reboot(the button basically doesn't respond to touch). Tried doing a factory install from the boot menu and only got the red ! on the triangle.

Any suggestions?
28th February 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #2  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 655
 
1,536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by screecwe

I'm not really sure what's going on. Out of the blue (haven't installed anything new) my Razr Maxx HD started showing an endless loop of app crashes. Many are google related apps or processes, and the rest are apps that shouldn't even be started yet. Just random ones from my app drawer. The dialogue boxes appear as fast as I can press them.

I tried going to settings and deleting the app settings. I tried doing a factory reboot(the button basically doesn't respond to touch). Tried doing a factory install from the boot menu and only got the red ! on the triangle.

Any suggestions?

if you have a 926, i would grab the utility from the dev forum that matches your system version and re-flash the phone. something went off on a tangent and there is no other magical fix that im aware of.
28th February 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

if you have a 926, i would grab the utility from the dev forum that matches your system version and re-flash the phone. something went off on a tangent and there is no other magical fix that im aware of.

Will this run if I only have access to fastboot? I can't install anything through the gui.
28th February 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #4  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 655
 
1,536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by screecwe

Will this run if I only have access to fastboot? I can't install anything through the gui.

yes, put it in fastboot, connect to pc, run utility, profit.
you will loose whatever data is on the phone, but sounds like that ship has already sailed.
1st March 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
OK to update. I finally fixed it. I was trying to unlock the phone using motopocolypse, but installing any app was impossible. Even while I was able to take 10 minutes to navigate to the right spot by utilizing the miliseconds before app crashes, the phone would reboot when i went to accept the app was asking for superuser. Nothing else was working.

Tried running RSD Lite and using a stock copy of 4.1.2 and it gives me an error about Unknown Fastboot Command "var" or somethiing like that. Finally found out that if you edit the xml file inside the rom's zip, and delete ALL single lines containing "var", then save, and it worked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in RAZR HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank