All was going well with my Fire HD 8.9, I rooted it, had the 2nd bootloader installed and was trying to install CM 11 before I got an error message saying that the jem version was the one I needed. I couldn't get my computer to recognise the the Kindle whilst in TWRP, so thought that I'd have to restore from the backup I made (of the stock Kindle OS and settings) to be able to transfer the version of CM that I needed. The backup seemed to work, but it hasn't in fact.
- I turn on the Kindle and it gets stuck at the very first image of the logo, with NO animation
- I'm unable to get back into TWRP
- I can turn the kindle on and off but that's it
- I can't use any recovery programs because my PC doesn't recognise the Kindle
- I uninstalled and reinstalled the adb drivers, but when I connect the Kindle, my PC plays the 'Device Connected' then 'Device disconnected' sounds in quick succession, making the installation of any drivers fail
- It's as though there's a brief second or two when USB works on the Kindle in terms of my PC knowing something is there, but then the USB disconnect noise plays
I only got it a day ago (managed to mess it up very quickly somehow!), so I could always try returning it if needs be, but hopefully that won't be necessary. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
EDIT - I can get the device to come up with fastboot mode and then the computer recognises it as an Adb device, but don't know where to go from there.