Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

Missing a few mods in 4.3 I had on 4.1.2

OP dougie175

28th February 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kendal Cumbria
Thanks Meter: 5

105 posts
I have just installed the rom [JB 4.3][UB&LB][9.2.A.0.295] Official Firmware - Rooted&Deodexed from the DaRk-L0rD

Im enjoying 4.3 there are just a few simple mods I used to have on my old rom I would like to know if they can work on 4.3

Mods:
1. Close all button on open apps
2. Additional sound setting for all volumes when you press the volume key, someone did a great mod that gave me all volumes when I pressed the setting key after volume up
3.Remove the mobile data is off notification everytime the phone starts or you turn the mobile data off
4. De-bloat zip I can run in CWM to remove all the bloatware, much easier than doing it all manually with a root app removed
5. Shrink the bottom navigation bar that has the home, back button and recent apps buttons on, I had got used to it being around 70%of that size!

Are any of those 5 available?

Pleased to see Sony seem to have fixed the Bluetooth volume problems they used to have I had replace some file to fix, I also replace the wifi driver which made a big difference to how far I could stay connected to the wifi at work, does the new rom need any tweaks like that or is the wifi strength good out the box?

Thank You
Last edited by dougie175; 28th February 2014 at 09:42 PM.
28th February 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bydgoszcz
Thanks Meter: 237

750 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use xposed framework (you must use xperia dedicated) with Gravity Box installed to get 1, 2 and 3. Or use Xperia Xposed along with Gravity Box to get awesome possibilities

My phone is T. Xperia T.
28th February 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kendal Cumbria

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romcio47

Use xposed framework (you must use xperia dedicated) with Gravity Box installed to get 1, 2 and 3. Or use Xperia Xposed along with Gravity Box to get awesome possibilities

My phone is T. Xperia T.

Thank You, but you may as well have spoken French to me then, any chance you can possibly send me a few links to topics I should read that will help me understand what xposed frame, xperia xposed and gravity box are?

Thank You
28th February 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bydgoszcz
Thanks Meter: 237

750 posts
Donate to Me
More
I understand That was my first thought too.
Here are the links:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401 link to Xposed Framework thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48484642 link to a post with Xperia dedicated xposed framework app

After installing the app you must inject appropriate files (use first step inside the app) then reboot the phone and you can proceed to the next step - downloading the modules:
Gravity Box and Xperia Xposed can be downloaded directly from the Xposed Framework app in download section. After downloading and installing both you must enable them in "modules" section and reboot the phone. Then you can start modding the phone
Some of the mods require rebooting the phone but some of them applies instantly. I have modded almost everything in my phone - from the very top to the very bottom (literally from the status bar to the navbar )

Good luck!

My phone is T. Xperia T.
The Following User Says Thank You to romcio47 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kendal Cumbria

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by romcio47

I understand That was my first thought too.
Here are the links:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401 link to Xposed Framework thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48484642 link to a post with Xperia dedicated xposed framework app

After installing the app you must inject appropriate files (use first step inside the app) then reboot the phone and you can proceed to the next step - downloading the modules:
Gravity Box and Xperia Xposed can be downloaded directly from the Xposed Framework app in download section. After downloading and installing both you must enable them in "modules" section and reboot the phone. Then you can start modding the phone
Some of the mods require rebooting the phone but some of them applies instantly. I have modded almost everything in my phone - from the very top to the very bottom (literally from the status bar to the navbar )

Good luck!

My phone is T. Xperia T.

Installed them both, Thank You very much.

WOW I cant believe the amount of settings these apps give you for customisation!
1st March 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 226

1,017 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie175

I have just installed the rom [JB 4.3][UB&LB][9.2.A.0.295] snip ...
4. De-bloat zip I can run in CWM to remove all the bloatware, much easier than doing it all manually with a root app removed

Consider Android Tuner. To my opinion it makes a script dispensable, bcs it allows selecting all apps to remove in one go.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter-k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kendal Cumbria

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-k

Consider Android Tuner. To my opinion it makes a script dispensable, bcs it allows selecting all apps to remove in one go.

Thanks Peter Ill check it out now.
1st March 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kendal Cumbria

105 posts
Also has anyone got any ideas what the best way to remove the "mobile data is disabled" notification?

I have tried using the ongoing notification blocker in GravityBox to block the OMA Client Provisioning which is what I thought would block it. But unfortunately is makes no difference

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread