Sidekick 2 Squash File Developer Key Reverse Engineering

Tip us?

bazzinator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow Sidekick 2 Squash File Developer Key Reverse Engineering

Hi everyone at XDA and Sidekick users.

Hopefully one of that reads this post, has had or is familiar with the *.sq Squash files, that were flashed to early Danger Sidekick models, particularly in my case at least, for flashing the developer Key. I have come into contact with a key on 5.x Lib version, but that key is in the form of a .JAR file. Even extracting the JAR file yields no precise match to these older squash files.

As my quest continues to restore internet capabilities in my interest to my phone, a dev-key would be the neatest way, as I could use the SDK to write apps that neglected dead Danger servers, and once again functioned properly. I do this with my love for the Sidekick 2.

So, anyone out there who still has access to a Squash dev-key file, please PM me. Or, if you have any knowledge that pertains, please contact me.

Thanks in advance,

ged92781
Old
Thanks Meter 27
You may want to search on these forums for a link to the old SDK if that might help. I also wonder if someone has a developer key someone for another phone. With that and the IMEI of the device it was intended for, you *MIGHT* be able to figure something out, but someone with more knowledge than myself would be able to tell you better. Maybe Orange808?

orange808
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged92781 View Post
You may want to search on these forums for a link to the old SDK if that might help. I also wonder if someone has a developer key someone for another phone. With that and the IMEI of the device it was intended for, you *MIGHT* be able to figure something out, but someone with more knowledge than myself would be able to tell you better. Maybe Orange808?
I can look over the contract again, but I am certain the dev contract forbids me. After they started really locking down the platform, I remember signing an agreement that is only rivaled by Apple's dev contract.

With that said, they handed out developer codes like candy in the early days (with no strings attached). I bet you can find another source.
while(devo){
feed;
breed;
pump gas;
cheeseburger;
}
*/ Do it again!