Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Failed Flash?

OP zomgitsanoob

28th February 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

108 posts
More
I was trying to go back to stock before testing out eduardog131's deodexed rom. I tried my backup boot.img and it failed, so I grabbed the default from here, ADB console says the write is successfulm but it hangs at the splash screen when I try to boot I can get into the bootloader and recovery, and have the PLlIMG.zip I saved long ago (from which I extracted the same boot.img I've used before), but can't copy it over without booting. What on Earth could I have done?
28th February 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Longview
Thanks Meter: 811

1,619 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgitsanoob

I was trying to go back to stock before testing out eduardog131's deodexed rom. I tried my backup boot.img and it failed, so I grabbed the default from here, ADB console says the write is successfulm but it hangs at the splash screen when I try to boot I can get into the bootloader and recovery, and have the PLlIMG.zip I saved long ago (from which I extracted the same boot.img I've used before), but can't copy it over without booting. What on Earth could I have done?

I bet the 'PL80IMG.zip' that you have is for 4.1.2

And you updated to 4.2.2
28th February 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

108 posts
More
It's 4.2.2

I made it after upgrading so I'd be able to restore system.img , boot.img , and android-info.txt easily
Modding.MyMind
28th February 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:

It's 4.2.2

I made it after upgrading so I'd be able to restore system.img , boot.img , and android-info.txt easily

You are aware that when you go to restore your device with your backup that you don't have to restore everything, right? You can uncheck everything and just leave the boot.img checked. Then swipe to restore in your custom recovery. The boot.img will be put back.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
1st March 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #5  
Flag Longview
Thanks Meter: 811

1,619 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's 4.2.2

So the system.img that you have in the PL80IMG.zip is from a TWRP/CWM backup....it won't flash through bootloader unless you used dd to pull the system.img.....

Other words, you will not be able to flash PL80IMG.zip with a TWRP and or CWM backup of the system.img.....it's not the correct format

Only recovery.img and boot.img from TWRP/CWM backup will flash through bootloader PL80IMG.zip style......

Why not just click 'restore'? While in recovery...
Modding.MyMind
1st March 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:

You didn't have to go stock to flash his Rom. Its a Rom lol. Its not like an OTA where it does checks on the system files and then patches them.

Take note of that for any future roms down the road.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread