[Q] Out of sync
Hey there... I had a Samsung Galaxy S3... so I decided to buy the S4 at a very reasonable price. It came to me yesterday.
When I started configuring the device, my nightmare began.
- Firmware was upgraded to 4.3 and no other updates are available.
- I don't want to root my phone (not yet).
I can't login to my google account: I keep getting the message:
"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".
Specifically I can't sync Contacts and Gmail and Picasa (couldn't care less about this one).
What I have done so far not exactly by this order:
- Cleared cache of Contacts and Contacts storage;
- Went to my Gmail via web and exported and deleted all contacts;
- Factory reset;
- Tried the Samsung Contacts Fix;
- Deleted and added the Google account (like 223 times);
- Removed all application passwords from Google verification;
- Downgraded all Google applications and Google services;
- Checked out time and date on the device;
- Went through the Google troubleshooting process.
To no avail.Sometimes I get the ok for the Google contacts but no contacts show up.
Now I can't go anywhere from here... No contacts, Not able to use Google Play...
What a complete turn-off...
Any genius out there with a solution to my case?
Thanks a bunch!