Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What will happen once the Non-removable battery is worn out?

Tip us?

eastdata
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Well it looks like it's able to be resurrected without a fine soldering iron. Hopefully the battery will last for three years. The old phone is now a guitar tuner.

I think if you anticipate the end of it's life cycle, the battery might be cheapest past the halfway point.

I wonder if the sdcard image could be dumped and copied to a larger new one.

mokkami
Old
Thanks Meter 85
In that article what i have posted is written that even if you could replace the memory it would not work,
because you can not copy the operating system (whatever they mean with it) from the original card to the new one.
For that you would need special hardware, which is used by manufacturers to flash memory.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

It is not an SDcard it is an eMMC.

eastdata
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkami View Post
In that article what i have posted is written that even if you could replace the memory it would not work,
because you can not copy the operating system (whatever they mean with it) from the original card to the new one.
For that you would need special hardware, which is used by manufacturers to flash memory.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

It is not an SDcard it is an eMMC.
You're right...

Imaginos.88
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imaginos.88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quizmaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 15
battery is quite easy to remove even by a novice but if nobody provides us with a replacement battery to fit its not much use.
Motorola Moto G

M@zik
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 328
yeah, exactly.
hope somebody starts providing a replacement battery in near future.
Phone> Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 | ROM > Asylum CM 12.1 Naughties

Don't just say Thanks, mean it by Pressing the Thanks button... It really Motivates ....