[Q] No Emojis in Hangouts

1st March 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

178 posts
More
I had the HTC One previously and remember being able to use emojis in Hangouts. I switched to the S4 a few weeks ago and I just noticed that there are no emojis like before. Is this because Samsung has removed them or they aren't in Hangouts anymore? How can I get them back?

Thanks for the help.
1st March 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag East Orange

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMaj07

I had the HTC One previously and remember being able to use emojis in Hangouts. I switched to the S4 a few weeks ago and I just noticed that there are no emojis like before. Is this because Samsung has removed them or they aren't in Hangouts anymore? How can I get them back?

Thanks for the help.

Samsung has integrated Hangouts a bit. When using the Samsung Keyboard, the emoji button will be removed since they are included with the keyboard. If you switch to a third party keyboard, the Emoji button will return.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darnell0216 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st March 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell0216

Samsung has integrated Hangouts a bit. When using the Samsung Keyboard, the emoji button will be removed since they are included with the keyboard. If you switch to a third party keyboard, the Emoji button will return.

Ah I see what you mean; it's really buried in there. I was about to ask where exactly it's included with Samsung's keyboard but I found it when I long-pressed on the mic button and saw the emoji button in that list. I wish Samsung had just replaced the crappy emoticons that for some reason are prominently displayed on the main keyboard screen under the enter button... sigh

Thanks for the information! I wonder how many people know about the emojis tucked away like that haha
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread