Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,250 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ace won't go to sleep after new rom

Tip us?

jackie999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Ace won't go to sleep after new rom

I know it's old, but I used to get 2~3 days use out of my Ace before this new rom I just flashed. Now I'm lucky to get more than 1/2 a day. I've used betterbatterystats and I think it's the Google Play Services...the phone was awake 100%..it wouldn't go into deep sleep. I tried disabling then just uninstalled it. I'm going to try reading up on the BBS to see if I can understand how to fix this..if not I'll have to find another rom. But I really like this one...

This is what is giving me the problem,
[ROM][CM7.2] <<<<||The Ultimatum||>>>> !!!Updated!!! [01|02|2014]

Any suggestions for a rom that is lite and stable, not too flashy, that will give me a bit more life for my ace?

My model is GTS5830D

jackie999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The BBS narrowed it down for me..plus some trial and error and it appears it's the bluetooth keeping the phone awake 100%. Once I turn it off it takes a nap.
Since I'm unable to figure a workaround (tried bluesleep.fix but didn't make a difference) I'll have to look for another rom. Too bad..I really liked that one...

jackie999
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I tried " [ROM][CM11] - modded - [experimental-20140123] " and same problem, phone doesn't go into deep sleep. Another very nice rom thou ..aside from the fact I can't use it it worked very smoothly and responsive

Either I'm doing something terribly wrong, or it's something to do with this Canadian version GTS5830D

Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions as to how to fix. I did go back to a GB and it looked REALLY OLD!

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Hi,

Try the AOSP Gingerbread for Cooper by @SpaceCaker. It is incredibly lite, fast and stable. My personal preference, use it along with Pure Performance Script and you have a beast at your hand.

AOSP Gingerbread for Cooper
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU