5,605,766 Members 48,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Live Wallpaper] Asus MyWater Reworked w/ tutorial (no root required)

Tip us?

jackrabbit72380
Old
(Last edited by jackrabbit72380; 18th October 2013 at 02:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
Okay i have made a live wallpaer & downloaded your recomended apps and i am just haveing trouble with steps 2 & 3! RENAMEING MY APK

Quote:
Step 2 - Modifying the package name
The package name is a unique identifier used by Android to manage the installed applications. The easiest package name modification simply involves changing all instances of asus to another unique identifier.

Using your favorite editor (I like gVim), modify the package name found in MyWaterDir/AndroidManifest.xml (com.asus.livewallpaper) and MyWaterDir/res/xml/glwallpaper.xml (com.asus.livewallpaper.gl.MyWaterSettings). There are only 2 instances of the package name in the XML files.

The package name is also embedded in the smali disassembly files (MyWaterDir/smali/com/asus/livewallpaper/gl/*.smali). In all, there are 1791 instances of the package name in the smali files that must be updated. My recommendation is to find an editor that makes it easy to perform a global search and replace.

The package name must also match the folder hierarchy under the smali folder (MyWaterDir/smali/com/asus/livewallpaper/gl/). Change the name of the asus folder to match the new unique identifier selected for the application.

Step 3 - Update the application name and settings text
Using your favorite editor, modify the text found in MyWaterDir/res/values/strings.xml. Rather than worry about translations for my updated text, I chose to remove all but the default by deleting the MyWaterDir/res/values-XX folders (keep values-large).
Can you be more spcific or walk through what are the steps please?

Also anyone have message in a bottle verson that will work on samsung galaxy s4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clavan View Post
Nice one. It does work on my TF but the shark doesn`t move.
Can we fix this somehow?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken the liberty of serching xda high & low for all the Asus moded my water live wallpapers & sorted out what works for ICS & me on my phone witch is the Samsung Galaxy s4.

although the wallpaper displays in low rez thy still look good I have strated a thread in the Samsung Galaxy s4 Themes & apps section for the ICS version's of the wallpapers.

Thread for working in ics versions I made is hear

Attached is a zip file with remaining not working on ics Asus moded my water live wallpapers from all around all 3 threads on xda.
so you know whats working and whats not!

The reason I post this is so hopefuly one day someone will come along and fix them! because alot of work has alredy gone in to them buy alot of peope for them to just be sitting in this zip file not working!

so here they are!

Note that I have also included the 1024x600 ones. these do run in ics but they do not display corectly on my device.
The high rex looks better than the others. but the pictures are not scaled corectly.

I have also attached a snapshot of whats inside the zip files!

jackrabbit72380
Old
(Last edited by jackrabbit72380; 18th October 2013 at 02:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
Argh.
Pushed and set permission to 777, works delightfully after the reboot.

/bow

I'll be checking back in for new designs from ya! I don't know how hard it would be, but what about Christopher Robin holding a red balloon? lol The balloon height would change with the battery level, and the balloon string would just... magically work. hehe again, that'd probably be hard, and farther away from the original "floating ______ in ______" theme you've got going.

Either way... I'll be lurking!
I would really like to see this one done If anyone wants to do it. i will be happy to do the work in photoshop if someone else can do the programing part. just pm me i wont be activly monitering this thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	samsung-galaxy-s4-wallpaper-pack.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	2332628  

jackrabbit72380
Old
(Last edited by jackrabbit72380; 20th October 2013 at 01:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
Well I follow your tutorial severl times in chaning the names internaly with no luck i am not useing the mywatter apk though I am useing asus day scene. the directory structure is alittle diffrent but for the most part this apk is the same and i find al lthe same stuff in it including the files in the gl folder. i also renamed my asus foler this mod is a first of its kind though because its not the my watter apk its asus day scene.

i have it looking better than this right now but here is a small preview of the mod.

I have spent about a wekk in photoshop and al lthe animations are custom.
but i cant seem to get the apk working once i rename it internaly.

realy need some help if anyone knows this process?

jackrabbit72380
Old
(Last edited by jackrabbit72380; 24th October 2013 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 373

DONATE TO ME
sorry for the quad posting my browser was flanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschmier View Post
After several requests, I adjusted a few of the wallpapers to work better on 1024x600 displays. I have not actually tested these on a device with a 1024x600 display, so please report any issues.

These are basically the 480x800 phone versions I had created with a larger 1024x1024 background image. I based these on the phone reworks on the premise that devices with that particular display resolution typically have less memory available and the phone reworks have resources that are more reduced and optimized than their 1280x800 counterparts.

I don't have as much time these days to dedicate to these efforts, so I can't say when any additional works may be available. I hope some of you find these useful. If so, be sure to say thanks via the button below.
Where can i change the rez at?

edit :update

I wanted to try and edit the classes.dex so i downloaded dex2jar-0.0.9.15 and there are so manny files included with that program I have no idia how to do the conversion

and the link to JDGUI is Dead!

angel9999l5
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for all this wallpapers i work fine in m'y asus memopad hd 7 and i have lot of idea for make new modded wallpaper but don't know where to start i Will see more info of sherry to start thanks and have à Nice day!

angel9999l5
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hello i installed one live wallpaper to my samsung galaxy note 10.1 edition 2014 but seem lie there is a problem look to the picture i send in attachment.
I think the live wallpaper is smaller than my screen resolution…
How i can resize it?
Thank for the answer.
Have a nice day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-19-20-16-36.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	2640968