[Q] Venue 8, Anyone get Flash to work?

Search This thread

vacendak1992

Sep 29, 2010
Just about 1 week now with the Venue 8 (4.2.2). Have not been able to get Flash to work at all. I can on my 4.0.3 phone. Anyone find a solution to this?

I tried "Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.81)". Tried the stock browser, Dolphin.. Nothing. Dolphin Jetpack also will not install either (install error -110 or -24). I wiped the tablet and tried it again, nothin.

I want to flash to watch Amazon prime video content. Shame, because for the price this is a GREAT tablet, I love the 8”, the Micro SD card reader and the lower resolution (older eyes, fat fingers) and of course the price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know you guys are the best at this. I really have been working at it, searching and posting.

Thank you,

Vacendak

vacendak1992

Sep 29, 2010
I tried FlashFox

Try FlashFox or Puffin. Both are working.

Thank you, I'll try Puffin. FlashFox did work, but I experienced unusable slow performance. It's going back on the 15th...

Vacendak

Update, Puffin seems to work the best. However, it doesn't give the Flash frame full control of the tablet, meaning you can't show video to the edges of the screen. The largest I got was about 5.25x3". That's what I get for trying to make a pure Android tablet do what a Kindle does. Mine is going back, but this is a hell of a tablet for the price.

Thank you all for the help,

Vacendak

Last edited:

frankws

Aug 14, 2011
Just about 1 week now with the Venue 8 (4.2.2). Have not been able to get Flash to work at all. I can on my 4.0.3 phone. Anyone find a solution to this?

I tried "Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.81)". Tried the stock browser, Dolphin.. Nothing. Dolphin Jetpack also will not install either (install error -110 or -24). I wiped the tablet and tried it again, nothin.

I want to flash to watch Amazon prime video content. Shame, because for the price this is a GREAT tablet, I love the 8”, the Micro SD card reader and the lower resolution (older eyes, fat fingers) and of course the price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know you guys are the best at this. I really have been working at it, searching and posting.

Thank you,

Vacendak
Yes I have it working.
The following link is how to install flash on a Nexus 7 but in reality it is for Android.
I have a Nexus 7 and 10 and it worked on them so I tried it on my new Venue 8.
Make sure you go to the link provided for the Android version you have.
It works on Firefox for Android.
But the Venue 8 is not supported by Amazon Prime.
Here are the supported devices.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/devices
This is the link on how to install flash.
http://nexus7.wonderhowto.com/how-t...tch-streaming-web-based-flash-videos-0146315/

Last edited: