Google Play Music Customizations – XDA Xposed Tuesday

If Cyanogen Inc. has its way, you won’t be forced into the Google … more

Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Privacy Guard Feature (CM)

9th February 2014, 07:34 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
I like OmniRom on my Note II, But I miss very important feature when I change from CyanogenMod to OmniRom, "Privacy Guard".

I know that there is "App Permissions" option in Settings, but privacy guard is easy and fast, I mean control permission for every single app is difficult.

I hope Omni team add this feature in next update.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
 
 
28th February 2014, 04:40 AM |#2  
d3xp2pc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 238
 
809 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Do you use Xposed? If so have you tried Xprivacy?

Sent from my Nexus 7
28th February 2014, 07:53 AM |#3  
BossStang's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 181
 
499 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_x1_x

I like OmniRom on my Note II, But I miss very important feature when I change from CyanogenMod to OmniRom, "Privacy Guard".

I know that there is "App Permissions" option in Settings, but privacy guard is easy and fast, I mean control permission for every single app is difficult.

I hope Omni team add this feature in next update.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yeah I miss that to. Just set privacy guard enabled by default for new apps and forget about it. Its a neat feature
Also the permission is not blocked, the app just recieve empty sms, contacts, call history etc.
28th February 2014, 12:26 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3xp2pc

Do you use Xposed? If so have you tried Xprivacy?

Sent from my Nexus 7

it's the best permission manager around, no doubt.
but it's waaaay too complicated for people who just want simple privacy switch.
I think it's a good idea since I do plan on installing Omni on my girlfriend's N4, and she currently uses CM's Privacy Guard and loves it.
1st March 2014, 09:32 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
I think privacy and firewall functions shouldn't require external apps. Omni should offer the same level of detail and power
1st March 2014, 09:52 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,075
 
3,923 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by selemine

I think privacy and firewall functions shouldn't require external apps. Omni should offer the same level of detail and power

And I'm sure they will. Take a look at their blog. You have to remember that Omni is still a young project, and they can't code these features over night.

http://omnirom.org/general/omnirom-2013-year-review/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes