Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,994 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] UNOFFICIAL 4.4.x Liquid Smooth v3.1 [LS970] & [GEE] 5/18/2014

Tip us?

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6162

DONATE TO ME
Mostly right, Keith, but cm is based on nexus 4 4.2 and stock 4.1.2.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zomgalama
Old
Thanks Meter 32
2/28 won't boot for me, did a clean install with cwm but it won't boot I just get a black screen. Tried downloading again and still same issue.

If it means anything aokp 2/28 worked fine for me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

FcoEnrique
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgalama View Post
2/28 won't boot for me, did a clean install with cwm but it won't boot I just get a black screen. Tried downloading again and still same issue.

If it's the ls970 version, you HAVE to flash another kernel like f93.
If it's the gee version, I don't know about that, let's wait for some of the other guys to help you

spleef
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgalama View Post

You need to flash the f93 v2.2 kernel for liquid ls970 to boot for done reason it won't boot without an additional kernel baked in one built broke I guess... But aokp and even PAC built using same source but boots fine by itself.. Odd

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6162

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25 View Post
I am tracking a little. But only a little.

To ask again/clarify: The only one that's official (cm) IS the Sprint variant? But as long as I see either GEE or geeSPR I can use it on the sprint LG?

It's still kind of a blur but now the hrc and spr parts make sense. I am also still lost on the recoveries, why certain roms only flash on one or the other? I kept getting a crash on one for LS, and a crash on the other for CM. I am about to try the newest here and see what happens, but what recovery works with most roms? Is philz good? Seems like it should have cwm attributes with extras but idk. I am also about to check it out.
You can run any LS970, GEE, or GEESPR ROM for AOSP. Stock is geehrc4g and geehrc4g_spr_us.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spleef
Old
(Last edited by spleef; 1st March 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3012

DONATE TO ME
new liquid_ls970 uploaded...building geespr right now then going to try gee again since both ls970 and geespr are building maybe something has changed and gee will finish building now....who knows...

NightMare870
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleef View Post
new liquid_ls970 uploaded...building geespr right now then going to try gee again since both ls970 and geespr are building maybe something has changed and gee will finish building now....who knows...
thanks man, new build is great so far. btw do you or anyone have to mess with the updater script to get ls970 to flash? every ls970 build i have to modify the updater script to get it to flash but all the gee builds flash with no problems. i'm able to flash them but just wondering if anyone else has to do the same.

spleef
Old
Thanks Meter 3012

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMare870 View Post
thanks man, new build is great so far. btw do you or anyone have to mess with the updater script to get ls970 to flash? every ls970 build i have to modify the updater script to get it to flash but all the gee builds flash with no problems. i'm able to flash them but just wondering if anyone else has to do the same.
I use cwm that I have posted in the op don't have to edit anything

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dopy25
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
You can run any LS970, GEE, or GEESPR ROM for AOSP. Stock is geehrc4g and geehrc4g_spr_us.
But what are the differences? Why are there multiple builds of the same ROM that are ls970, gee, geespr, geehrc. I see that it's regarding the sources. But I still don't see why there built with different sources but end up the same. What's the purpose? I'm truly sorry for the ignorance. I just really want to know why they're different and what makes them different in the end.
Devices: Tmobile Wing (LOOONG GONE), [Huawei Mercury (dead), Evo 3D (retired after a long dirty life)] - Both Cricket - LG Optimus G Sprint ROM: PacMan 4.4.
and a few others in between.

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6162

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25 View Post
But what are the differences? Why are there multiple builds of the same ROM that are ls970, gee, geespr, geehrc. I see that it's regarding the sources. But I still don't see why there built with different sources but end up the same. What's the purpose? I'm truly sorry for the ignorance. I just really want to know why they're different and what makes them different in the end.
LS970 ROMs are built from CM's Nexus 4 4.2.2 hybrid with stock 4.1.2.

GEE/SPR/HRC are built from the Nexus 4 4.4.2 source (more up to date and optimized) with only changes for our hardware such as NFC.

geespr is sprint only, geehrc is international only, and gee combines the two so both devices can run the same build. Gee is the future of mako-based ROMs and eventually, there won't be any geespr or geehrc roms. Those are being phased out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]