Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed leaked 4.3 can I flash back to stock 4.2?

Tip us?

SebringTech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Flashed leaked 4.3 can I flash back to stock 4.2?

Guess I didn't look enough into the pros and cons of the leaked 4.3 release for our phones. The phone losing my google account almost daily has me at wits end. My fiance just laughs about it because she has the stock 4.2.2 that I rooted for her and she didn't want the 4.3 update. I in no way want to lose root.. way too much AT&T bloat I refuse to have back on my phone. From what I've seen I can't find a way to restore the factory 4.2.2.. Is there a way or is the only way to ODIN the official 4.3 OTA and lose root?

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringTech View Post
Guess I didn't look enough into the pros and cons of the leaked 4.3 release for our phones. The phone losing my google account almost daily has me at wits end. My fiance just laughs about it because she has the stock 4.2.2 that I rooted for her and she didn't want the 4.3 update. I in no way want to lose root.. way too much AT&T bloat I refuse to have back on my phone. From what I've seen I can't find a way to restore the factory 4.2.2.. Is there a way or is the only way to ODIN the official 4.3 OTA and lose root?
Start here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2629093
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SebringTech
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
So the MF1 is the only 4.2.2 official I can downgrade to? I can't say I've ever had a phone like this - where the firmwares are such a pain. I have downloaded the 1 click to MF1. Is the leaked 4.2.2 comparable to the official 4.2.2? I ask since the leaked 4.3 has that annoying account loss issue that I would HOPE the official 4.3 does not have.

I'm guessing if they're comparable in terms of stability and usability then that's what I'll do. I just wanted feedback before I go and flash something. I already made that mistake with the leaked 4.3 update.