Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,397 Members 45,943 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weird screen problems

Tip us?
 
nachiketa.ramesh
Old
(Last edited by nachiketa.ramesh; 28th February 2014 at 02:12 PM.)
#1  
nachiketa.ramesh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 434
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Default Weird screen problems

I'm really sorry if this bug has already been posted but I googled it and turned up with nothing. I do not mean to be a noob and spam this thread.

I have bought a desire x about six months ago and have noticed a yellow hue on the display especially noticeable on a white or grey background on the top right corner to the mid right corner. This translates to weird speckling on a dark black background. You should be able to make out what I'm referring to from the screenshots.

I am almost certain that this is a hardware defect as the problem persists in the bootloader and since my phone is not rooted or bootloader unlocked, will be looking to claim warranty soon

I want to know if anyone else has faced this issue on the desire x and weather it is fixable without sending it to HTC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393580578507.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	2605343
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393580615808.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	2605344Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393580635152.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	2605345Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393580659452.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	2605349Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1393580679972.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	2605351

I also face uncomfortable overheating issue with this phone on simple tasks such as surfing the web..etc. Is this a known issue and if so does it persist to the sense 5 custom ROMs?

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nachiketa.ramesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GtrCraft
Old
#2  
GtrCraft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,147
Posts: 2,032
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachiketa.ramesh View Post
I'm really sorry if this bug has already been posted but I googled it and turned up with nothing. I do not mean to be a noob and spam this thread.

I have bought a desire x about six months ago and have noticed a yellow hue on the display especially noticeable on a white or grey background on the top right corner to the mid right corner. This translates to weird speckling on a dark black background. You should be able to make out what I'm referring to from the screenshots.

I am almost certain that this is a hardware defect as the problem persists in the bootloader and since my phone is not rooted or bootloader unlocked, will be looking to claim warranty soon

I want to know if anyone else has faced this issue on the desire x and weather it is fixable without sending it to HTC.

Attachment 2605343
Attachment 2605344Attachment 2605345Attachment 2605349Attachment 2605351

I also face uncomfortable overheating issue with this phone on simple tasks such as surfing the web..etc. Is this a known issue and if so does it persist to the sense 5 custom ROMs?

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk
It looks like the phone fell on that part of the screen and the only solution is sending it.
What do you call overheat, when the phone is hot or not touchable hot? And did you look at the temperature of the phone?
It should not happen with just browsing
Nexus 5 Black 32GB:

Rom: Latest Mahdi & Xposed Framework
Theme: Hybrid Blue
Kernel: Latest Franco Kernel (6 hours SOT )
Recovery: Latest TWRP

Smooth Scrolling Mod for Mahdi, Purity & Stock

HTC Desire X:
 
 
nachiketa.ramesh
Old
(Last edited by nachiketa.ramesh; 28th February 2014 at 05:10 PM.)
#3  
nachiketa.ramesh's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 434
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrCraft View Post
It looks like the phone fell on that part of the screen and the only solution is sending it.
What do you call overheat, when the phone is hot or not touchable hot? And did you look at the temperature of the phone?
It should not happen with just browsing
The thing is my phone was like this since the day I bought it as confirmed by some early pictures of it however, only recently I noticed it. The only other factor that might have caused this is during the application of the screen protector. I have a two year extended warranty with reliance but someone told me that screen defects (burnt pixels etc.) aren't covered by any warranty. Is this true? I have heard about a similar problem on the HTC one x. Is this a known defect with the desire x?

As for how hot, not so hot that it hurts my fingers but hot enough that it hurts my face when I pick up calls and it happens when I browse or run tapatalk or twitter (WiFi and Bluetooth are off. Mobile data is always on the whole day but doesn't heat up at least on its own. Connection is on gsm only (no 3g/wcdma))

How do you check the temperature? Is there an app for that?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk
 
dansou901
Old
#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 873
Posts: 2,345
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Aachen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachiketa.ramesh View Post
The thing is my phone was like this since the day I bought it as confirmed by some early pictures of it however, only recently I noticed it. The only other factor that might have caused this is during the application of the screen protector. I have a two year extended warranty with reliance but someone told me that screen defects (burnt pixels etc.) aren't covered by any warranty. Is this true? I have heard about a similar problem on the HTC one x. Is this a known defect with the desire x?

As for how hot, not so hot that it hurts my fingers but hot enough that it hurts my face when I pick up calls and it happens when I browse or run tapatalk or twitter (WiFi and Bluetooth are off. Mobile data is always on the whole day but doesn't heat up at least on its own. Connection is on gsm only (no 3g/wcdma))

How do you check the temperature? Is there an app for that?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Sent from my Explorer A310e using Tapatalk
I don't know about the temparature, but for the screen you can fix it yourself. A replacement screen costs only 40 $ (just look into Accessories section for a link). It's a bit tricky, but mangeable.
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to dansou901 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ckpv5
Old
#5  
ckpv5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,855
Posts: 6,877
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachiketa.ramesh View Post
I am almost certain that this is a hardware defect as the problem persists in the bootloader and since my phone is not rooted or bootloader unlocked, will be looking to claim warranty soon
It is hardware problem and the best is to claim warranty.
You can always ask them and report about your heating issue too, it should be covered in warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to ckpv5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes