Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook HD

Tip us?

prsfinest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nook HD

Well mistakes were made and i dropped my nook hd on the ground. The only thing that happened is that now the power button has been completely unresponsive. This happened about 7 months ago and now is when i have time to devote to this. Ive tried all the basic troubleshooting techniques but anything involving the powerbutton but to no avail. If anyone could give me any suggestions id greatly appreciate it. Thanks ahead of ti,e ^^

pumpjack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ouch!

Yes, accidents have happened to our Nooks, too. Fortunately for us, no repercussions (so far).

Have you tried just attaching it to power (plugging it in to charge). It should wake it up that way. If not, there may be other issues that just the power button. Warranty still good? Take it to B&N for repair. No warranty? Yikes, I don't know in that case. Maybe there is a third-party company that can fix it for you. Sorry if this isn't much help, but I do empathize with you (hence this attempt to help).

Good luck!

prsfinest
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpjack View Post
Yes, accidents have happened to our Nooks, too. Fortunately for us, no repercussions (so far).

Have you tried just attaching it to power (plugging it in to charge). It should wake it up that way. If not, there may be other issues that just the power button. Warranty still good? Take it to B&N for repair. No warranty? Yikes, I don't know in that case. Maybe there is a third-party company that can fix it for you. Sorry if this isn't much help, but I do empathize with you (hence this attempt to help).

Good luck!
Ive been afraid to let it discharge because the power button litterally does not work at all. Yeah im sol as gar as warrenty goes
By any chance could you completly power down your nook hd and see if just by plugging the power chord turns it on. Thanks a lot for your inpit i greatly apprrciate it!