Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 47,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questions, future features

Tip us?

Mr.Rô
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Questions, future features

Hi team,
Stumbled across this on the xda homepage and must say I love it, I just have a few questions, I know it's still in beta so a few of these may already be in the works anyway.

How do I back up my settings? If they are stored in the cloud any plans of being able to back up to my device? I'm not a fan of clouds, I like to be responsible for as much as my own data as possible

Will you be adding the ability to import settings/catagories/folders etc from other launchers such as nova?

Is it or will it be possible to have folders within categories? Lazy question I know lol

Would it be possible to make it so you can hide apps from the main apps tab but show in a selected category? I understand this may not be possible or too awkward to implement

Any chance of adding a feature that allows you to have a hidden category that could be accessed by say a gesture? This would be really cool

Can home screens be reordered? I know I can just drag everything to another page and set it as default but an option to reorder would be more convenient

I had a few more questions but they elude me right now so will ask if or when I remember haha

Anyway keep up the good work, this is already better than most other launchers and I'm sure in the future this will blow all others out the water

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rô View Post
Hi team,
Stumbled across this on the xda homepage and must say I love it, I just have a few questions, I know it's still in beta so a few of these may already be in the works anyway.

How do I back up my settings? If they are stored in the cloud any plans of being able to back up to my device? I'm not a fan of clouds, I like to be responsible for as much as my own data as possible

Will you be adding the ability to import settings/catagories/folders etc from other launchers such as nova?

Is it or will it be possible to have folders within categories? Lazy question I know lol

Would it be possible to make it so you can hide apps from the main apps tab but show in a selected category? I understand this may not be possible or too awkward to implement

Any chance of adding a feature that allows you to have a hidden category that could be accessed by say a gesture? This would be really cool

Can home screens be reordered? I know I can just drag everything to another page and set it as default but an option to reorder would be more convenient

I had a few more questions but they elude me right now so will ask if or when I remember haha

Anyway keep up the good work, this is already better than most other launchers and I'm sure in the future this will blow all others out the water

Hi!

Settings can't be backed up just yet, we might look into this in the future.
You can import favorite apps from another launcher by going into your favorites and selecting - Import from launcher.
Folders within categories, probably not, but we'll speak to the team
Hiding apps from the app drawer and only shown in certain categories - good idea - we'll also pass this onto the team.
For hidden categories, you can always create a custom category, then just deselect it in the categories list. However adding a gesture might be very tricky.
Homescreen reordering will arrive soon

Thanks for your contributions, if you think of any more just ask
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.

Mr.Rô
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Great thanks for that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

id3alistic
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Are the widgets in themer created from Zooper?

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by id3alistic View Post
Are the widgets in themer created from Zooper?
Almost of the new themes are created in a Zooper hybrid (Themer Zooper Widget). It works/looks exactly the same, however Play Store themes as yet can't be loaded. Older themes and some new themes use Everything Widget, which also has its pro's and con's.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.